Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 1.8 Diesel Instrument Panel Dead

mondeo lover

Hello everyone.

I had this problem last year once when the instrument panel has shown no display but engine started runs and car drives, indicators, lights are working just no power whatsoever on display, than when its feel like its coming back to normal. As I said its happened last year and its happening again now. Has anyone any idea whats causing it has it happened to any other mondeo? Is it some sort of common electrical connection that I could check and fix?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I had the AA out as its not even started the next day and after a good check around the car from the mechanic, he ended up giving a smack on the top of the dashboard and all come back to normal. It is some sort of electrical connection problem I have been told

that drains the battery too. Been told taking off the dashboard is a big and expensive job as the air con is not working due to some sort of electrical problem and that cable is behind the dashboard too, so both could be investigated at the same time.

Is it really a big and expensive job to take the dashboard off? or I could do it DIY?

Any suggestions welcome.

Seems a bit extreme to have to take the dash out , i'm sure you can remove the cluster from above the steering wheel , if it's the same as Focus and Fiesta , pull the panel just infront of the cluster out there you should see 2 screws , then ther cluster should pull out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club