Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper Scuff - Any Ideas?

L666JER

Hi

The black textured bumper on my fiesta is scuffed with what looks like white paint or something.

I have tried bumper polish, black shoe polish and even white spirit to remove/hide it, but nothing seems to work

Anyone got any better ideas?

Here's a picture

I have heard using a heat gun (very carefully) and bring faded bumpers back to life.

Search youtube there are some videos.

Wrap the end of your finger in a rag and put a bit of smooth peanut butter on it, work it in to the area a bit at a time.

Thanks for the replies

I tried both methods (the heat gun and the peanut butter) but neither seem to have done the job.

Now I have a very black and shiny bumper, but still the white marks remain.

Has anyone any other suggestions?

They would be much appreciated.

I have heard using a heat gun (very carefully) and bring faded bumpers back to life.

Search youtube there are some videos.

This only works on the black plastic bits. i used to do this to my old car keeping it fresh lol

Getting the white paint off will probably require some sanding, whatever scraped your car could have generated enough heat to merge both paints. always a fear from parking and not a lot of room for cars around me

have you thought about spraying the bumper?

No, I like the black bumpers - especially when they are polished :)

Anyway it would probably start peeling in 5 years

Getting the white paint off will probably require some sanding, whatever scraped your car could have generated enough heat to merge both paints. always a fear from parking and not a lot of room for cars around me

Will it be ok to sand with it being a textured finish or do I just need to be very careful?

Yeah try a bit of wet sanding with a very fine bit of sand paper, go gentle this will only work if the paint is on the surface so if it isn't working stop. another alternative is to try some shoe polish then a heat gun like paul had said to even out the colours

I've tried some careful sanding this morning and it did start to take the texture away so I stopped as it wasn't removing the paint either.

However I then tried the shoe polish with the heat gun method and it's definitely improved it :) I'ts now just a couple of grey marks which are only really noticeable if you look for them.

So once I've given the whole bumper a polish i'll be happy with it. :)

Thanks for all the help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club