Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St2 Insurance

domlin

Hi All,

Just a quick one...

I was pleasantly surprised to hear from my insurance company that they only want £82 extra to go from a 1.25 Fiesta Zetec to an ST2, putting my premium up to about £750 (also got GAP insurance free through Ford themselves.. which is a bonus).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had any surprises as to how little the ST2 was to insure?

Background info: i'm 19, the only driver on the policy, fully comprehensive, and I have no NCD after losing two years because of flood damage to my old 62 plate Zetec back in Jan of this year resulting in a claim on my own insurance.

Lol I had a heart attack when I enquired about insurance for mine yesterday, basically my ST2 was costing about 100 less than my ZS diesel I use daily, so I thought well how much could it be for unlimited milage (I'm limited to 6k a year), it's £3 more than my ZS, no admin fees to pay and if I mod it, it'll just cost an admin fee.

Lol I had a heart attack when I enquired about insurance for mine yesterday, basically my ST2 was costing about 100 less than my ZS diesel I use daily, so I thought well how much could it be for unlimited milage (I'm limited to 6k a year), it's £3 more than my ZS, no admin fees to pay and if I mod it, it'll just cost an admin fee.

Wow that's really good as well!

Yeah I should mention i'm on an unlimited mileage policy too. As far as I know it's insurance category is A31 (according to the guy I spoke to at Ford Insure yesterday), so it's pretty high!

Gotta get in there quick I assume, the price for a hot hatch can only sky rocket.. surely!

My insurance was 700 quid im 26 just a years NCD as have previously been a named driver was more than happy to pay that. I think that now insurance companies arent allowed to increase your policy based on gender it has come down quite a bit for males

Quote for me , I'm 53, from Admiral is £357 fully comp, 12k miles 2 years NCB on a company car only, and like some of you guys say less than the zetec s I am driving now. I really don't understand insurance companies.

Can I just ask what insurance company's you guys are getting your insurance from.

I'm currently on Aviva with a Fiesta Zetec 62 - 1.25L paying about £650, but I have tried to get a quote from them for the ST2 and it seems like they wont insure me at all, at the end of the quote process it just says we cant give you a quote based on the info submitted. Which is strange, 20 year old, 2 years NCB.

I have had a look on the comparison sites (witch are always more expensive anyway) and they are coming in at around £1.5K.

I need to try Direct Line, Admiral etc.. but I'm just wondering what you guys think the cheapest one could be?

Mine was just found on compare the market, cheapest NON "BLACK BOX" quotes are always Admiral and Elephant.. opting in for a black box only saves about £80 for me - definitely not worth it.

I'm currently with Elephant so i'm going to stay with them as they only want £82 extra, it would work out fractionally cheaper for me to move to Admiral, but not worried.

Im 49 8yrs NCB esure £250 with a £50 excess on an 18 grand car

Paid £270 for my current Zetec S TDCI worth 6k

cant work out where insurance companies come up with their prices, finger in the wind andd add a bit i think.

Im 49 8yrs NCB esure £250 with a £50 excess on an 18 grand car

Paid £270 for my current Zetec S TDCI worth 6k

cant work out where insurance companies come up with their prices, finger in the wind andd add a bit i think.

For me it seems to be finger in the wind and take some off. But for some of my friends who have more experience and more NCB, with a less powerful car, seems to be finger in the wind and quadruple it haha.

Really doesn't make any sense, I can't help but think its nearly completely postcode based.

For me it seems to be finger in the wind and take some off. But for some of my friends who have more experience and more NCB, with a less powerful car, seems to be finger in the wind and quadruple it haha.

Really doesn't make any sense, I can't help but think its nearly completely postcode based.

I live in a high crime postcode area, I just keep it garaged securely, it's either in my garage or in a lockup that has 24 hour security :P

Can I just ask what insurance company's you guys are getting your insurance from.

I'm currently on Aviva with a Fiesta Zetec 62 - 1.25L paying about £650, but I have tried to get a quote from them for the ST2 and it seems like they wont insure me at all, at the end of the quote process it just says we cant give you a quote based on the info submitted. Which is strange, 20 year old, 2 years NCB.

I have had a look on the comparison sites (witch are always more expensive anyway) and they are coming in at around £1.5K.

I need to try Direct Line, Admiral etc.. but I'm just wondering what you guys think the cheapest one could be?

You will find that some companies won't insure certain cars or certain people because they are too high risk, God forbid they might have to pay out! You probably fall into that category with the ST.

Im paying £600 fully comp, 4 years Protected NCD, £200 Excess for theft £400 Excess For Accidental Damage, With all the mods im going to do over the next couple of months declared (Exterior visual mods, new alloys, lowering, exhaust, induction kit, remap etc)

I am 26...plus I also got SP50 - 3 points for speeding in a 50 zone on the motorway in 2009...though declared, don't think it changed my policy too much).

P.S I'm With Churchill...was looking for a £500 quote max, but I want to mod the car and stay with a "well known" company...so needs must!!

Im paying £600 fully comp, 4 years Protected NCD, £200 Excess for theft £400 Excess For Accidental Damage, With all the mods im going to do over the next couple of months declared (Exterior visual mods, new alloys, lowering, exhaust, induction kit, remap etc)

I am 26...plus I also got SP50 - 3 points for speeding in a 50 zone on the motorway in 2009...though declared, don't think it changed my policy too much).

P.S I'm With Churchill...was looking for a £500 quote max, but I want to mod the car and stay with a "well known" company...so needs must!!

Sounds good, i'm going to phone elephant today and find out how much my premium would increase by if I sent the car off to Mountune...

On an off note Welshy, what bulbs do you have in the interior of your car?

I'm looking to put some blue ones in for the footwell lamps!

I was with admiral for my first 6 years of driving pretty much.

Only just switched to Ford Insurance this year, which is underwritten by RSA. First time on comparison sites that the RSA group of companies (E-Choice, More than, etc) beat out the admiral group (Admiral, Elephant, etc).

As you probably know it is all down to risk, so the car, your history, age, where you live, where its kept. Different insurers have different preferences of who they "like", when I was in my late teens I would often get quotes of £2-3k+ from some companies, while Admiral would quote £600-700.

That is a really good price difference between your old Fiesta and the ST. The primary thing you are insuring for is what you could hit though, more than the value of the car.

Not an ST but my 63 plate ZS cost £430 to insure. I'm 22 with 3 years NCD

Oh BTW, there is no harm adding extra named drivers. I have always filled my policies up with namer drivers of family which are lower risk.

Worth trying with and without, usually drops the price. (except for when my dad got a speeding ticket!)

Yeh always try adding us olds if you are young enough, haha. Unfortunatley when we try to add our kids the price goes sky high. I asked abount adding my24 year old son to mine it was gonna be £500 extra on a £370 policy. Even adding him for one day go down to Ford Fair it was £25.

im 20.

For an ST-2 the was going to charge - £2400

For a Zetec S - £845

I'm 21 no years no claims discount and 5 points for driving without due care and attention, my st cost £1400 to insure which is £500 less than the 2006 1.1 citroen c2 I had before.

• 3 months later...

Was really pleased having just got an insurance quote for the ST I am about to have delivered.

My existing insurance on my Focus Zetec TDCI 1.6 was around £290.00 and the ST is coming in at £280.00. Well happy with thus.

I am older though with no claims in 34 years :)

Just got mine insured base policy was £180 but with extras came in at £240. That's less than for my ZS so am well chuffed