Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems New Fiesta

bootsy

Thanks for the reply Derv, the dealer in Verwood has said the same as you, he said that the fan going mad could be it trying to regen but the rev thing could be an electrical fault. I have to wait and if it does the rev thing get it straight in so they can get the fault codes if present, if not they will go through the electrics. Ford contacted me today and said they will monitor the situation and make sure its sorted. The dealer in Verwood after i told him that sometimes when the fan goes mad you get a slight smell of burning rubber said it was more than likley it trying to regen.

Hi there !

I would choose diesel over petrol with a third more miles to the gallon overnthe similar petrol unit.!

It does sound like you have a Friday car. Take it back and go straight to head office, Take no prisoners as they say. Fords are in general brilliant cars but.... You see Ive got a Fusion which I bought at three years old after being ex-mobility. Yes we have problems still with the dash lights lighting up after the whole thing is locked down. But we have found out that dealers in general really well........... some are good but the red tape that is involved makes it ni on impossible to get problems sorted with ours. So what I'm trying to say is go to the top and if necessary have them get you another car- its too young to be warranting all these problems and worries. Which most are major if you found yourself on a motorway etc with children or grandchildren on board.

DO IT ! before its too late as they Will drag their feet, trust me.

All the best and let us all know what happens.

Dragon Siw, 2 Fiestas and 1 Fusion. ~ and guess what folks the Fusion is a better ride holding the road so much better than both of my Fiestas ever did.

PS. the first thing I ever drove is a short wheel base Transit when I was 14 on private grounds....

When I had problems with my Ford, I contacted Ford uk customer service and after a few days they got in touch. They assigned a customer service rep to my case and regularly called to check on progress. There had been a problem where the dealership had been refused an expensive part by Ford uk until further testing has been carried out. The cs rep made sure that there was really good communication going on and expedited the whole process. It seems they do care but you just got to take that extra step of involving Ford directly. I found that in my case the issue had been mentioned on this forum and mentioning this forum did appear to help my cause as it would go to prove that I want alone with my problem. Good luck bootsy, looks like it will get sorted now, they certainly turned my frown upside down when customer services got involved. Seems they don't like unhappy customers :-)

Thanks for the replys, Ford are involved and are monitering the situation, i have to wait until it does the no rev thing then get it into them, so hopefully it will get sorted. Its a shame really we have had these problems but i still really like the car, on the display it says we are getting 70.9 average mpg and thats with a average speed of 28.2 mph so i think thats pretty good. Before anyone shouts at me we wll be doing more miles soon with a good bit of motorway so hopefully our Dpf wont get so upset. I have been told that while we are not doing many miles it wood be best to give it a run on the motorway at 60 mph for about 20 miles about once a month so i can live with that. Even with the problems to do with this Dpf thing i would still prefer a diesel. With the mpg thing i think if i remember right it says the best mpg was 99.9 and i think if it was say ideal driving ie like what Ford base there figures on maybe doing a constant 56 mph on a motorway i think the mpg figure would be very good, i may try that!, one thing i would like to know is can you shut the heater off so there is no airflow because i cant find a setting where you get nothing bleeding through?

Gave it a run last night, did 22 miles on a motorway at 70 mph twice, did not notice any regen hapen but not sure if i would!, does anyone know if there is a way to stop any air bleed from the heater?, on our other cars you could shut the heater off and you got no air bleed through, i have looked at the manual but cant find a off or anything, with the heater set to have it on your tootsies but no fan on doing the 22 mile trip i thought it was going to burn my feet off, i know i could set it to cold but i just wondered.

I don't think you can completely turn it off, maybe the recirc button on your HVAC controls but then it will only last a few minutes. To be honest I just point the stream at the windscreen and leave it on cold most of the time and only point it at me if I use the AC.

Thanks for the reply Jake90087, it has not done the no rev thing again so i am keeping my fingers crossed that it was new car gremlins and they have gone some where else.

Well touch wood the no rev has not done it again so far but now the clutch pedal feels wrong ie when releasing the clutch there is a click and it seams to not return back up as quick as it use to, it does not do it all the time and it did do it once before when it was only a couple of months old but then i just thought gremlins, also some times its very hard to select reverse gear some times it just will grind. This car was without doubt a friday afternoon car, our old car we had a peugeot 206 Td we had for 8 years and never let us down, think maybe i should of stuck with a Peugeot. On our new Fiesta we also have a naff parking sensor some of the time but trouble is that all the faults do it some of the time and i dont think that there should be so many problems with a new car. Because of the "sometimes" faults i would not want to leave it at my dealer for a week or so to get the faults sorted and for our new car to become a hack and risk it getting doors opened on it ect. Pretty fed up at the moment.

Did the warning sound again but this time out the corner of my eye on the display there was some thing about oil!, did not have time to read what it said.

Hi im new on here so i hope someone can help, i have a Fiesta Titanium ecoboost , i have rain sensors fitted but they don't seem to work it was raining today & they didn't come on , i switched to manual i have activated it on the settings along with the auto lighting they work ok but not the wipers , any ideas ??

Hi im new on here so i hope someone can help, i have a Fiesta Titanium ecoboost , i have rain sensors fitted but they don't seem to work it was raining today & they didn't come on , i switched to manual i have activated it on the settings along with the auto lighting they work ok but not the wipers , any ideas ??

I have the autowipers and to be honest, its a pretty poor system. The autowipers in my last car were so much better. Just make sure you have turned the wheel on the stalk so that the marker is to the top. This will set them to maximum sensitivity.

• Like 1

Hey Bootsy, your post caught my attention this morning, as I have also just bought the same car, not new, but of the same age, March '13. Mine only has just over 3000 mile. I'll be following your posts, to be sure to look out for similar problems. So far I've no concerns.

What interested me was the statement you made early on in the post. You mention that you'd be doing 25k a year in the near future, yet you bought the Fiesta on a 12K limit PCP.

Hi Mount66, when we bought it we would have been within the miles limit but there is a job change coming up that was not expected and means we will have to do more miles. I have found out that this would only be a problem if we hand the car back and walk away from it after three years. Our car is a Econetic (not sure what that means), it has not done the no rev thing again or the clutch going funny. At present we do no motorway and the average mph is 28, mpg is 71.3 and the best was 99.9. I can fill the car up with £40 of diesel (not sure how many litres that is) and it comes up with 585 to petrol so i think that if we were doing a good bit of motorway driving the fuel consumption would be unbelievable, with the miles we do and how we do them at present i think the mpg are very good. At present once a month i do a 40 mile motorway trip at 70 mph to help keep the dpf happy. I have found that it can be a little bit awkward with some hills ie changing down gear ect but it is a lot better than the 1.25 petrol Fiesta. I am not sure why but we were loaned a 1.25 petrol Zetec and it was awful and ours was a lot better and not sure why but ours seamed to be better built. We bought the car wanting economy and thats what we got so new it would not be very fast but its not bad and i like it very much even with all the problems we have had. Sorry for the long post.

Still finding my way around the car, I only picked it up on Friday. I traded in a '08 1.4TDCi Fiesta for this and was avraging 60mpg, so hope to get a better return. Hope all your problems have now been resolved and I don't get to see any.

One question I have is regarding the USB port, have you made use of it yet or had any problems?

Yes have used the usb port for a memory stick with music on, works very well. Did find that if i added a track after using it i had to re sync it to pick the new track up but thats normal i would think. Use a iPhone 5 via bluetooth and thats really good, i just need to check if i can plug the iPhone in the usb with its own cable and see what thats like. Have you had problems with your usb?

As a ps to my last when i first was on a hill in traffic i thought that the brakes were sticking on. When i got home i read the manual and found it was the auto bracking thing, should of read the manual when i first got it.

Yeah, the USB socket appears to be damaged. The four metal contacts are exposed and the little plastic bit that is normally in the socket resides in the little trinket tray next to all the inputs. Not sure if this was already done or if I have caused it.

It should be a simple fix with a new socket, I just don't want to mess up the plastic by diving in with a blade trying to prise out the face plate. Anyone had any experience in this.

I've managed to set up the audio via bluetooth on my phone, iPod touch and even my iPad.

It's not the end of the world, but I do like to be able to use all the toys :)

As to the Hill start assist, I knew it was on there, but didn't think it was enabled. Thirty years of driving, hill starts are instinctive now, managed to work it out in the end, but I think I'll end up de-activating it anyway.

I had a look around on the net and it looks like the usb port is available and the part number is: P/N CE8Z-14D202-A, this was for a Fiesta but you would need to check with Ford if that is the proper one for your car. It looks like it plugs into the trim panel but they were saying the wire had to be threaded up to the dash that could be tricky. I think if i were you i would insure that the contacts in the usb port are not shorting to ground, if you are sure you did not do it i would go back to the dealer and get them to fix it.

Thinking about it i have seen a usb plug very much like the one in your car that is used to fit onto a computer front panel, but that would mean soildering the existing wires onto the new plug or conecting the wires from the existing wires to the new plug and cable. That would save having to re route the new cable.