Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 1.4Cl Loss Of Power Juddering/hesistation

Gsaiev1

hi there, my focus is a mk2 1.4cl,

i have a problem with a loss of power and the car jerking/ feels like im off and on the accelerator, it feels more noticable when going round a corner? it has no engine codes, nothing apart from this fault

the car starts fine, ive changed the plugs coil and leads but made no difference, its a weird one even the garage didnt have a clue as there isnt no faults?

the loss of power comes in and out, one minute its ok then you can feel its lost power again then normal again, its not a massive jerk/judder but enough to feel it

hope you can help thanks

also mileage is 52,000 and always had 10,000 services

Ide be looking more to fuel filter fuel pump side of things have you tried switching from supermarket fuel trust me some cars just dont like it go on eBay buy forte fuel treatment to clean out the injectors etc and use some Shell unleaded just regular stuff and give the car a blast and see if this helps its a cheap fix and sometimes works

It's weird you said that because I thought I could hear the fuel pump when on idle is that normal? Also I'm getting a big suction when opening my fuel cap? Now u say it does seem like fuel starvation maybe this why it isn't throwing codes? Is this a common fault? Thanks

you will get that when the caps removed as its air in the tank from the fuel going down and air replacing the empty space and yes you will hear the pump its under the rear seat if its fuel starvationm you would get a code its likely dirty injectors if you use cheap fuel it doesnt help or its a clogged fuel filter ide try the fuel treatment and some decent fuel to be honest

Hi there I've tried the system cleaner and better fuel no difference at all,

Could it be throttle position sensor?

Thanks

to be honest unless you want to keep spending the money youre better taking it into ford so they can hook it up to the computer it could be many many things and youll just spend a fortune going through them one by one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club