Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calliper Colour Advice

leesheffield1

hi all,

as you can hopefully see in my profile pic i have a blue focus and i wondered what people thought of painting brake callipers? this would include the drims on the back also.

i was contemplating a choice of 3 colours.......

1) paint them silver as they already are

2) paint them black

3) paint them blue. (kind of going off this idea though for the rear drums! might be a bit too much maybe?!)

Obviously i will be using calliper/high temp paint but wondered if any of you focus enthusiasts had any ideas or opinions.

Lee

paint the rear drums in aluminium colour trust me on that dont do them any other colour the fronts ide do in red or green personally or even yellow would be nice

• Like 1

I agree with Arthur on the rear drums, something relatively neutral like a silver or black. Up to yourself then really on the front...either stick with whatever you paint the drums, or you could go for any colour really. Not the biggest fan of red...think yellow could be nice ya know on your car, and not quite as common as red. What sort of wheels have you got? Just wondering how visible they're gonna be. Have you any plans to add any other little touches to match, like DMB badges or anything?

I too have a blue Focus, mine is a Jeans Blue pre-facelift and I did front and rear calipers with dark blue Hammerite. I used it on my old Mondeo to sort of match the blue Ford badge in the centre caps, so used it on the Focus too. It's a decent colour match to the car as well, and think it's just a nice subtle job which looks a million times better than knackered old rusty calipers, without immediately grabbing your eye.

post-30295-0-82404100-1380553950_thumb.j

I actually gave them a fresh coat over the last few weeks but forgot to take pics when complete with the wheels still off! :oops:

A few months back I did mine, and only this week I did another coat just to make sure there is a good coverage on them.

The difference it makes is amazing, ill post up some pics if you like?

I went for hammerite smooth silver - as mine is a Ghia estate and would probably look odd if I went for a colour!

hammerite is one of the best caliper paints ive used this many times i find the spray better for the rear and hand paint on the front

I agree with Arthur on the rear drums, something relatively neutral like a silver or black. Up to yourself then really on the front...either stick with whatever you paint the drums, or you could go for any colour really. Not the biggest fan of red...think yellow could be nice ya know on your car, and not quite as common as red. What sort of wheels have you got? Just wondering how visible they're gonna be. Have you any plans to add any other little touches to match, like DMB badges or anything?

I too have a blue Focus, mine is a Jeans Blue pre-facelift and I did front and rear calipers with dark blue Hammerite. I used it on my old Mondeo to sort of match the blue Ford badge in the centre caps, so used it on the Focus too. It's a decent colour match to the car as well, and think it's just a nice subtle job which looks a million times better than knackered old rusty calipers, without immediately grabbing your eye.

P1010048.JPG

Thanks for that. I've got 18 inch st style ones (I think that's what they're called) so will be highly visible through them. I am kind of leaning towards the silver on the rear and blue for the front calipers. Although black on the rear is also an option. I have both colours so might spray silver first as they aren't too rusty right now then if I change my mind will paint black. Yours do look pretty cool. I will put some pics on when they're done.
  • Like 1

If your not bothered about a colour as such but want to freshen everything up use satin black paint, knock any loose rust off with wire brush then spray, no masking dries in minutes any overspray on disks comes straight off when you drive, can do struts and everything and lasts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif P1010048.JPG

Well I decided to go with blue for the front calipers. Also decided I couldn't be arsed jacking the car up so painted them through the alloys with a thin brush lol. Manager to control the paint so none dripped on the rims. Phew lol. I'm going to do the rear drums black I think but this time will be taking the wheels off for that job. Going to borrow my mates trolley jack and axle stands to make it easier. post-47700-138407548066_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Hammerite smooth finish silver paint,

Looks just like discs on the rear,

I personally think it would compliment your alloys and look better than black when rolling

IMG_20130519_135748_zps4be71b6d.jpg

IMG_20130519_135054_zps0b41bd76.jpg

Doing the spacer section of the discs looks good too.

IMG_20130529_191801_zpsc3c3d7d4.jpg

IMG_20130529_192328_zps46878304.jpg

Hammerite smooth finish silver paint,

Looks just like discs on the rear,

I personally think it would compliment your alloys and look better than black when rolling

Hmm yea I was in two minds myself. However I didn't want to advertise the fact that they were drums on the rear and I think silver would stand out more. Plus with having blacked out rear windows I think it could look quite nice?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club