Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Fast Flashing Indicators

jamillafocus

Hey all

I wonder if anyone can help with this. My indicators are flashing fast as if there is a bulb blown but all the bulbs are flashing fine. When you put your foot on the brake or puts the headlights on, they return to normal flashing speed. I also noticed that the side light on the drivers side (after turning the knob one click) is not as bright as the passenger but the main beam is fine. Is this a bad earth? Any ideas where to look? It was fine but then we went through the carwash and now it's like this.

Given the foci leaks like a sieve going through a carwash isnt the best idea you may have water in the car in the passenger footwell or got the engine fuses and relays soaked so ide check under the front carpets both sides and check the engine bay fusebox for water

Hi

I checked the fuses under the bonnet and it was all dry. I haven't seen anything wet inside the car so not sure there is any leaks at the moment. I'll double check it though. I'm told there is an earth behind the drivers light somewhere and seeing as the side light is dim that side I wondered if this could be the culprit.

There is an earth there yes with the light removed its easy to see you wont see any wet in the car you have to look under the carpet

Ok cool. What's under the carpet that can get wet or are you saying it's dripped on the fuses under the glove box?

Most of the wiring is under there to and from the fuse box and various plugs are connected to the side of the footwell so it can get pretty wet under there and you wouldnt know till you have issues the earth shouldnt be causing issues by going through a car wash as they get wet all the time unless its been an ongoing issue easy to tell check the earth its a 10mm bolt clean it up with sandpaper and the hole refit and apply a smear of vaseline

Ok cool, so it's the passenger side for the wiring, etc and earth is drivers side behind light. I'll check it out tomorrow.

any change on this one Jamie?

Well, they have gone back to normal speed on their own but I will still clean thé earth and check the connections tomorrow. I'll post what I find.

I had a look at the earth at the front and the rear one by the lights and all seemed fine. I checked the connectors by both drivers and passenger feet and it was all dry and seemed clean. The fault is intermittent and seems fine now on the left. If you put the lights on or your foot on the brake the flashing goes to Normal speed. There is a towbar fitted and i read the electrics for that can cause this issue. Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club