Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6Tdci Cutting Out

minnis

Hi all,

My Focus has started cutting out. Its only done it a few times, but its getting more frequent. Randomly (maybe when revs are high?) it will cut out, leaving no power, as if the throttle was broken. If I depress the clutch or put into neutral the revs drop to 0 immediately. I then restart it, and all is fine.

I'm not sure if its relating to revs, but I think I've been accelerating every time it's happened.

I have a dash cam so can upload footage later if needed, although I can't imagine that it's too useful.

Also, tried the dash trick and no DTCs were stored, I'll have a look with my OBD when I get home.

Any ideas? Hopefully nothing too expensive, this car's eaten enough of my money as it is! :(

TIA

I had this exact same issue with my old Focus, damaged fuel filter. The housing was cracked, sucking air into the fuel lines, injecting air into the engine. This happened at above 2300 revs. Anything below that was insufficient vacuum to take in enough air to stop the combustion, but above that, too much air, not enough fuel and it died.

agree..i had same issues as original poster- changed my fuel filter and no more problems :p

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Did fuel filter sort your issue?

If not see my similarly labelled posting of earlier today.

Yes, got it back from the garage yesterday. It was the fuel filter at fault.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club