Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Place For Granada Parts Cheap

msajohnson94

im looking for ford granada parts not sure where else to look and im now deciding to buy another granada for parts. i need headlights, fog lights, drivers door trim, front passenger side bumper trim, tailgate struts, drivers door but not sure yet. im sure ill find more parts i need later on.

had to offload my granada, but have a number of spares knocking around, only small bits and pieces...will have a look and message you a list if interested.

have also got a genuine ford star tester with various leads that i have no further use for, good for fault finding/putting into service mode etc..will sell for approx £30plus post if interested.

ok thanks. its all runs find but its the body that needs sorting. but there is a small problem with the engine. if i leave it running sometimes its about cut out but then it brings itself back up does it every 20 mins or so. its not running atm moment as i started cleaning the engine and changing the rocker cover gaskets took me a day to do one half of it doing the other half today.

i have a 1988 ford granada scorpio v6 2.9 automatic. got a quote for some parts in cornwall for headlights, foglights, door trim, bumper trim. all for £75

sounds reasonable, just confirm that all the lights reflectors are in excellent condition...well known for these to dull and once they start to dull it doesnt take long for the reflectors to become virtually useless

all reflectors look nearly new but one is missing of the rear bumper so i need one of them. i need the rear bumper chrome trim aswell now. i dont think the rain water is draining from behind the rear bumper also need the rear wheel arches. 2 of the thermostate housing bolts have snapped how can i take them out?

not sure if you understood what i meant by reflectors, i was talking about the chrome reflectors inside the headlights/foglights.

they lose their mirror finish resulting in the lights becoming more dull

the chrome trims on the bumpers etc are like gold dust, rare to find decent ones...they lose their shine because the laquer on the trim gets damaged [scratched/chipped] which allows water into the trim itself and eats the chrome look..it wont be because of rainwater getting trapped in bumper...as the bumper is plastic, if rainwater is getting trapped it wont do any harm

i'll dig out a link on eBay tmrw, you can buy non genuine trim that will fit well if you cant get a replacement.

re the thermostat bolts, have you got the housing off and are the bolts sheared flush to the pump body or is there some stud showing....

there is some stud showing still.

the chrome trim on the bumpers arent really any colour now theyve just flacked and had screws put threw the by previous owner. the headlight are in poor condition glass has holes in them and it looks like goldish sort of dust in passenger headlight fogs lights are also in poor condition they have holes in the glass.

unfortunately i have to sell this as im being made redundant next month and i need the money. so im selling the granada and buy more focus's to either break, repair and sell on as whole cars

if there is stud showing then easiest way is to use stud removers, but before attempting to undo you should soak the studs with either a freeze spray or even coca cola, leave it 10 mins and soak again, do this half a dozen times and hopefully studs will come out.

if they snap flush, then you will have to either drill them out and rethread, or drill a hole in the middle of stud and use 'easy-outs' to remove...but again, soak them thoroughly beforehand

i meant check the lights you were quoted for reflectors are in good nick

i wont be getting them bits i cant afford to do all the work so im gonna finish cleaning up the engine and inner wheel arches and treating all the rust. i got all the bits already thats around the workshop so didnt have to spend my money buying all the paint and rust treatment. so its gonna be up for sale next week for £500 or offers

would think so, its the acid in them that does the trick

ok thanks for the tip. ill do it at the weekend. where would be the best place to put my granada up for sale?

try

http://granada-and-scorpio.com/phpbb/

they have had a lot of site problems so they arent as busy as they used to be but they are a decent bunch, think they have a facebook page too...dont forget here either, dont think there are many granada owners about but worth a try

ok thanks will give it a try itll be up in a week or so

where could i find out what order the ht leads go

i'll try and explain

standing at front of car looking into engine bay.

no 1 cyl is nearest cylinder to your left, then 2 and 3

no 4 cyl is nearest cylinder to your right, then 5 and 6

no 1 on distributor cap is the one closest to the bulkhead, but best way to check is to remove the cap, turn engine by hand till TDC, and rotor arm pointing away from you...replace cap, no 1 is where tip of rotor arm is pointing to.

then going in a clockwise direction, leads go as follows

hope that makes sense

all makes sense thanks for that ill make sure there all in right order tomorrow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club