Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Features Of Bluetooth / Sync..?

lou89

Hi,

I joined the forum so I could ask this as I can't find the answers I need anywhere!

Some info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I want to buy a new-ish Fiesta Titanium, up to 2/3 years old, but I'm completely confused as to the differences between the new 2013 (UK) Fiesta and 2012/11/10 versions - specifically with Bluetooth/Ford Sync.

I believe the 2013 Fiesta was the first to have 'Sync', but looking at pre-2013 Fiestas for sale it seems some have bluetooth features and some don't, is this an upgrade thing..?

I was interested in Sync for its ability to make calls, read texts, play music, for the voice control and very keen on the DAB radio and Sony Navigation, but I'm struggling to find more information on bluetooth in pre-2013 Fiestas. What I really want to know is do all Titaniums come with bluetooth, and what does it do? How does it compare to Sync and what are the differences..?

Sync is pretty awful at the moment, so i wouldnt let it sway your decision on your beloved Titanium!

The pre-facelift versions with bluetooth will be on Fords own software - which had problems itself, but as they were less complex had fewer things to go wrong!

As of 2012, the Titaniums came with a Sony headunit with DAB fitted as well as bluetooth (look for a 'phone' button on the radio). The main thing i can think of thats missing from Sync is the ability to read texts. Apart from that the pre-2013 still makes calls, plays music, have voice control - and adjusts your climate control!

I guess if you do get one with Sync, it can only get better when they eventually send out updates!

Gotta disagree with Loz as I absolutely adore Sync's ability to connect me with anyone in my phone book with one button push on the steering wheel and two statements: 'Call Joe on mobile', and 'yes', to confirm what Mavis Sync repeats. lt's impressive stuff this voice control, though I don't need it for USB or texts which you might.

Sync is SH 1 T!

You can have mine for free ;)

!Removed! thing.

All I get it "because of the number of files on your media device, speech commands are not available"

Every time. :(

• Like 1

I use bluetooth mainly for the audio capabilities. It doesn't really do much more with my iPhone 5, for example I can't say 'Play track ... ' x' it doesn't allow it.

Doesn't show names when texts come through just 'unknown', and doesn't show numbers when dialling in/answering. Unless I'm doing something wrong..

Worst experience I had was when I had a windows phone connected - would rather have sat silently, horrendous.

Thanks all.

I'd heard Sync can be problematic.

As of 2012, the Titaniums came with a Sony headunit with DAB fitted as well as bluetooth... the pre-2013 still makes calls, plays music, have voice control - and adjusts your climate control!

So... a 2010/11 Fiesta with bluetooth will do everything a 2012 with bluetooth can do? Except that the 2012 has Sony DAB?

Also, how does sat-nav work... I think the 2013 can have a 'Sony Navigation system', can previous Fiestas have any kind of built in sat-nav?

I have been pleasantly surprized with Sync. The bluetooth system in my old '59 plate used to freeze-up all the time. It would fail to hang up at the end of calls and sometimes not connect at all. Sync on my new car seems to be working like a dream. Using it with a Samsung Note II.

My girlfriend especially likes the text reading function, not for its intended use but for the juvenile (yet funny) purpose of making the posh/mechanical Sync voice say some x-rated phrases. :lol:

My 7 month old Zetec has just been back to the dealer for a firmware update to the audio system. This has cured the tendency of the steering wheel controls to give up (tho the volume buttons always worked) and the same update might well sort some of the sync problems you guys are having.

Might be worth contacting your dealer?

Hmm, I had a problem with only the volume buttons working Tom, when I updated to new phone software it cured it, weird!

On this topic,,, I have a titanium with voice & bluetooth options. Can I stream music from my phone through the radio ? And does the radio recieve tx messages also. Also is there an ability to create a personalised phone book,, like having presets on the radio buttons 1. Home 2. Work 3. Mum etc etc ?

On this topic,,, I have a titanium with voice & Bluetooth options. Can I stream music from my phone through the radio ? And does the radio recieve tx messages also. Also is there an ability to create a personalised phone book,, like having presets on the radio buttons 1. Home 2. Work 3. Mum etc etc ?

Only if it has bluetooth and USB can you stream music on bluetooth.

Yeah I have both of them,,,, so how do I do it ? Don't need a wire connected do I ??? Or do I have to remove the usb stick and select aux for it to work ?

Yeah I have both of them,,,, so how do I do it ? Don't need a wire connected do I ??? Or do I have to remove the usb stick and select aux for it to work ?

Keep pressing aux and it should cycle through (line in, USB, bluetooth [should bring up a symbol on the screen that looks like a radar & start playing])

first of all Make sure your paired for "Ford Audio"

Voice control.

SAY ------External device , bluetooth , Play

I'm not too sure about speed dial , i think it can be done , but if you store your names via voice control then you can say store MUM and then recall it via voice to dial it , as for just pressing the numbers as quick dial maybe once your names are stores perhaps it can be done , by selecting the number.

Try Storing a number at position one and then select phone book and hold down number on one the keypad and pressing the green dial btton. it may work.

Noticed on my phone the other day it says 'ford audio' but couldn't work out how to get it to play,,, was playing on my phone, but was just playing usb through the radio,,,, selected line out or in whichever it is, and just got a hissing..... Will have to look into it futher. Cheers guys.

Noticed on my phone the other day it says 'ford audio' but couldn't work out how to get it to play,,, was playing on my phone, but was just playing usb through the radio,,,, selected line out or in whichever it is, and just got a hissing..... Will have to look into it futher. Cheers guys.

either use the buttons to select bluetooth or voice as i said before , it's very easy.

Your other question about Txt messages , no you need SYNC for txt messages to be read

Thanks pree,,,, I've worked it now so I can use the voice commands, and it plays through bluetooth. BUT, can't for the life of me get it to work without voice,,, if I scroll the aux button I get usb or line in active, but on this screen I can't get it to play anything, without using the voice commands. I'm probably just missing the point here, looked through my book and can't seem to find any info.

Simplified, if I select 'line in active' on the head unit, then press play on my phone while bluetooth is on, it plays on my phone but not through the car radio.