Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Manual Twist Dial Climate Controls With Digital Unit? Mk2.5 Focus

Focus-Jonny

Has anyone tried this? Can it be done?

It can be done but you will need a lot of parts and afterwards the system needs to be reprogrammed into the car. You will need the following parts:

* Heater control panel for climate control.

* Complete heater assembly for climate control including all actuators.

* All sensors (some temperature sensors and a sun heat detection sensor).

* Interior wiring loom for a car with climate control.

* Radio surround panel for a car with climate control.

These new parts are very expensive. In my opinion this retrofit is only worth it if you have access to a scrap car or buy all needed parts from eBay or a scrap yard.

Installing the system is a lot of work. The complete dashboard needs to be removed to change the heater assembly and wiring loom. in my opinion this is only worth it if you can do this yourself.

i am planning to retrofit the original Focus MK2.5 climate control system myself. At the moment I am collecting all needed parts. I already have most of the parts but still need to find a suitable wiring loom and some of the sensors. I guess all needed parts will cost me between €300,- and €400,-.

Oh sounds like a lot of work indeed might not bother with that then! I will see how you get on with it all! Hat off to you mate for attempting such a technical retrofit!

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, I have the touchscreen nx nav unit with the climate built in. I'm not too impressed with the audio and nav so would like to fit an after market screen, but to do that I would need to change the dash section (easy enough), and then fit the stand alone digital climate controls.

Does anyone know if the standard digital climate control unit has the same connections as from the back of the NX unit, and would it basically be just a case of the new dashboard and the new climate control unit?

Has anyone any idea how much the climate control units are from Ford, as I cannot find one online, or on eBay.

The Travelpilot NX can be changed for a normal radio and Climate Control panel without any problems.

The travelpilot NX has an external module at the back of the unit for the Climate Control functionality. This external module has exactly the same connector as the normal climate control panel.

A new climate control panel from Ford will cost you approximately €400,-.

That's great news, thanks. I don't have bluetooth on my unit so it would have probably cost me an arm and a leg getting that installed, so I thought I may as well look into changing the whole thing and upgrade to a quality after market screen.

I might look around to see if I can find an ST that is breaking anywhere as I might be able to pick up the climate and the centre console all together a little cheaper.

Thanks mate.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Jw, I have been looking for the climate control panels and Ford state the part number for mine is 7M5T18C612CD, but I have also seen many parts with the number 7M5T18C612CE. They look identical. Do you know what (if any) difference there is.

Would both parts fit my 2008 ST?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Part number 7M5T-18C612-CD is superseded by part number 7M5T-18C612-CE. Both parts should be interchangeable. During production of a certain part there may be some changes or improvements. In this case the last letter of the part number will change to make it easier to identifie the revision of the part.

As far as I can tell both climate control panels should fit in a 2008 Focus ST.

Thanks mate. I'm glad you've said that as I've just ordered a climate control from eBay from a 2011 ST that was breaking. This part number ends CK, so I'll let you know how I get on.

Much cheaper that Ford I can tell you. Ford wanted £369 for the climate control and £280 for the carbon radio surround.

Ive just ordered both from eBay for £150

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app