Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Tdci Help Error Code?

Amkreth

Hi all,

I was driving to work the other day when my car went into limp mode and the powertrain warning light came on ( the one with the red cogwheel with the exclamation mark inside)

I had the codes read with the code reader on laptop and came back with

P0324 knock Control system error

P1600 Loss of KAM Power - Open Circuit

I cleared these codes but it didn't take of the light or shut of limp mode.

When I re read the codes it comes back with just one

P242FFINED DTC

I can't clear this code (well when I clear and read it's back there) still does shut off lights or turn off limp mode.

Any help would be great as I don't want to have to take it to fords as they charge a fortune

OK so, the knock sensor seems to be damaged. I expect that this is causing the readings to be so high that the exhaust temperature is being affected due to running with too much fuel.

Your best bet is to take it in to an indie and see what they advise, but I recon a new knock sensor is a minimum....

Where can I find the knock sensor, I have the 1.6 tdci 110 but I can't find any reference to it in my Haynes Manual

It seems to be around the spark plugs, so check sensors around that region, I don't know of any other names it may go by...