Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearing For Pretensioner Pulley

Dizzy90

Good Afternoon Chaps ,

My car started to make a knocking noice on the bottom left hand side of the engine , having my breakdown company out he told me it is the bearing in the pulley that is on its way out .

Googled everything possible to find out what size bearing it is , i would rather see if can find out what size it is instead of stripping it all down to remove it and have to look around for the bearing .

It is confirmed that it is the fan belt pre tensioner pulley .

( Ford mondeo 2.0 Petrol Manual )

Thanks

Dan :)

Is it not worth just replacing the whole thing if you have to go to the trouble of taking it all apart? Not sure what the cost of it would be but could save you another job in the future? You may find a kit will include the bearings?

• Like 1

i being looking around for a pre tensioner pulley - £120 + VAT .... was thinking could just replace the bearing and the belt as the pulley looks ok .

Breakdown company said it is ok drive on but when it gives in all that will happen is lose power steering , battery light come on , and am to pull over asap , if could find bearing size was going get one tonight as no body has this item in stock for 2 days

sorry i replied before noticing its a petrol.(edited)

have you tried jaguar? theyre nearly always cheaper than ford

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club