Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rattle

Graeme_UK

Hi there

Been really happy with my 13 plate 1.0 ecoboost zetec but a rattle has developed on the driver side. I thought it could be the glass getting loose in the frame but I can't be sure.

The worst thing is it's intermittent. Starting to annoy my wife and I but so hard to pin down as to cause. Seems to be about shoulder height but can't isolate source. Anyone else got a similar issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

If it's a 13 plate I would just take it back to the dealer under warranty. You may have to take out a technician for a quick test drive to demo it though and guaranteed if it's intermittent it won't perform when you want it to!

Yep it's been out with two technicians, but sod's law intervened and it didn't really rattle. Wish it would do it all the time!

I've got it booked in anyway but I doubt they'll be able to replicate and fix it.

Try the internal light above your head. When mine rattled it sounded like it was on the other side of the car depending if you were driving or a passenger.

Drove us bonkers

I had the same thing, and it turns out but it was on C pillars instead. Turns out my interior panels were loose. I just chucked some bike tube inside the panels with some sticky tape and now its all good

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club