Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB... Im finding it very hard to get the songs to play on my car via usb...

johnnymac16

Not sure what device you have attached, presume its a usb stick? What format do you have the stick formatted in? What format music files do you have saved on the memory stick? Are you getting any errors?

i re formatted the usb to fat 32, like some1 said, and now added wav files, mp3 and mpeg 4 files and when i plug it into car it comes up saying no files on device. :(

It's not something simple like the device is locked or something is it (A small switch on the side of the device).

What is the device make and model?

perhaps its the type of music files you have on there.

What format are they?

How large is each file?

what data stick make are you using?

You read the information in your ford manual? Ive just had a read through and not sure if any of this helps?

Look at Page 184 and 185 of the owners handbook

Any Help, or a step by step guide would be gratful!

Hi,

Just been reading this thread, dont know if this will help you but what I did was firstly format my usb stick (which it looks like you have already done). I then used Nero to 'rip' my cd's and saves them as mp3 files , I used the medium quality setting and each file was about 4,5megs in size. Then just copied them from my HDD in my pc to my usb stick.

I have noticed that when I plug my usb stick into my port in the car that a display flashes up on the screen saying 'usb initialising, then after a few seconds it works.

Dont know if yours says that about 'usb initialising, but I have also saving some tracks to another usb stick and I cannot get it to work.

I assume you have tried another usb stick ?

having the same sort of problem with mine..... formatted the stick....put about six albums on but only 1 folder plays ....have checked the files an it seems that onlt files playing are the mp3's as the others are MWA an just say no data but will show the album name

Are the files that people are having problems with, protected by DRM? The majority of mine are ripped from CD's, others downloaded and there's over 100 albums on and not had one problem. Saying that, I don't download from iTunes or any other such organisation.

the device must be fat format tracks must be mp3 mp2 aac either will do and must be unprotected so everyone using i tunes forget it you will have to burn them to a cd via i tunes and rip them with windows media player make sure the ripping options are mp3 and unprotected then drag and drop files to main directive on usb pen