Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mk2.5 Owner Aux Issues

NealTraf

Hello,

I have purchased a 2009 1.6 Zetec Mk 2.5 this Saturday. I quickly noticed a AUX port in the glove box which my MK1.5 did not have.

Radio is 6000CD

I have plugged my phone into the port with the AUX option selected. Phone media audio set to full volume and I hear nothing. I have pulled the glove box out to check the wiring and it appears to be secure. Had a colleague of mine plugin his phone with same result.

I pulled out the radio unit to check behind that and nothing appeared to be loose or not connected. However I don't know what wire was for the AUX port.

Have tested the cable and that works fine. Any suggestions? New AUX port?

Thanks

Neal

You did select Aux or line in as the Input on the radio yes?

Does the screen say line in when you selected it

hmm not sure then does the phone say head phones plugged in

When you checked the back of the radio for the wires did it look like this?--

th_images1-1-1.jpg

If that plug is not in place on the quadlock then it may be hanging loose somewhere behind the dash or if it is in place ensure that there are 3 wires fed into it.

If you feel the need to try a new cable the part number is 1426121 from Ford or from eBay for exactly the same price-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-MP3-I-pod-Aux-in-Connection-kit-Genuine-fiesta-focus-transit-c-max-1426121-/181226615873?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a31f2b441

Sometimes the socket itself can be iffy as the design allows the face and back parts to move which causes misalignment of the contacts, unfortunately once the socket is in place the only way to remove it is by breaking it apart rendering it unlikely to lock back into place unless you use copious amounts of glue.

• Like 1

When you checked the back of the radio for the wires did it look like this?--

th_images1-1-1.jpg

If that plug is not in place on the quadlock then it may be hanging loose somewhere behind the dash or if it is in place ensure that there are 3 wires fed into it.

If you feel the need to try a new cable the part number is 1426121 from Ford or from ebay for exactly the same price-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-MP3-I-pod-Aux-in-Connection-kit-Genuine-fiesta-focus-transit-c-max-1426121-/181226615873?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a31f2b441

Sometimes the socket itself can be iffy as the design allows the face and back parts to move which causes misalignment of the contacts, unfortunately once the socket is in place the only way to remove it is by breaking it apart rendering it unlikely to lock back into place unless you use copious amounts of glue.

The image is very helpful. I only looked at the back of the radio and not a separate block. I did see similar wires plugged into the back of the radio and into the aux connector in the glove box, 3 into a block. Have another look later today.

I have pulled out the radio again today to have another look and I guess the plug for the AUX is plugged in. I have ordered a plug with a cable already attached from eBay.

I20131008_161711.jpg

Cable arrived today and plugged it in. I now have a working AUX connection. Cable running down the passenger side of the centre console. Not Ideal but will do when I figure out a more tidy way of doing it.

Is it an original cable or one with a 3.5 jack on the end?

I have a 3.5 type currently in my car and have it coming out from the dash area where the 'garage door' type ashtray sits.

I'm in the process of changing this to an USB system as part of my next project though.

I brought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300471701053?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I want it coming out of the bottom, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Plus I don't have a drill at home. Be grateful if you can tell me how you can get access to the bottom tray to make a hole to feed through the cable.

If you have the storage tray in place then drilling holes is required.

Another easier way is to remove the radio fascia, pull the radio forward, loosen the two torx screws holding the demister switch panel and then take the cable down behind the switch panel so it comes down by the corner of the tray.