Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaky Boot

Boyd__94

Alright guys noticed over the weekend my boot is leaking, found where it is coming from tried sealing some joints and round the tailights, but nothing i have tried seems to be working. Its entering from under the drivers side boot panels, if anyone could shed some light on my problem it would be much appreciated.

Bump , would really like to get this sorted before i go on holiday this saturday and have dry clothes

okay this ones a pain but here goes you need good quality silicone not cheap stuff to start with now remove the driver side tail light you will see where the screws went into on the metal plastic squares now screw the tail light screw back into it a few turns and using plyers carefully wiggle and pull it upwards and it will pop out withiout damage now get the sealant and put sealant around both the exposed hole and the underside of the plastic cup leave it for 10 minutes then place the plastic cup back into the hole and smooth any excess sealant around the edges of the cup do this on the top and bottom cup now open the boot move the parcel shelf and youll see the plastic boot trim at the side this simply pulls down and will show the underside of the cup you just replaced from the drivers rear seat you can see into the area and now using a finger smear more sealant inside the cup edges as much as you can replace the plastic trim panel and now screw the light back into place i always smear a tiny bit of sealant over the screw top as well and youre done

theres one other common area that needs done and its here post-8800-0-65708600-1381235719_thumb.jp

that rusty looking section across the top is unsealed and will allow water into the boot easily seal this area

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club