Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta - Grab handles

roboc

Hi there,

I've recently took delivery of a 1.6 TDCi Fiesta Titanium which I'm very happy with. One question though for others with Titaniums - do you have a grab handle on the driver side?

I've got one on the passenger side and a space for one on the drivers side but there is nothing there! Seems a bit weird but when I mentioned it to the dealer they said it doesnt come as standard on the titanium...

I'm not bothered about it really but just wanted to check I'm not being told porkies by the dealer - can anyone help?

Cheers,

Rob

Hi rob

do not think its allowed by law

hanging things off while you are driving/ both hands on wheel etc etc :blink:

Hi there,

I've recently took delivery of a 1.6 TDCi Fiesta Titanium which I'm very happy with. One question though for others with Titaniums - do you have a grab handle on the driver side?

I've got one on the passenger side and a space for one on the drivers side but there is nothing there! Seems a bit weird but when I mentioned it to the dealer they said it doesnt come as standard on the titanium...

I'm not bothered about it really but just wanted to check I'm not being told porkies by the dealer - can anyone help?

Cheers,

Rob

Our Titanium TDCi only has grab handles on the passenger side only, not sure if any of the range come with drivers side grabs, I didn't check what trying a Zetec so not sure if standard on another model.

i have never known of a car with grab handles on the drivers side. There will be blanking covers but thats only for putting grab handles on the left hand drive version where obviously that would be the passenger side. If it really bothers you im sure you could buy another passenger side grab handle from parts and attach it to the fixings that are probably present under the blanking plates

Hi Rob,

I've got the 1.6 petrol titanium and there's no grab handle on the driver's side nor would I really expect one.

Passengers have it to stop them from baling out when you are driving like a loon.......... ;)

After all, we have the steering wheel to hang on to don't we? :rolleyes:

Why would you need to have a grab handle on the drivers side? Apart from assistance to get out? I think it's a safety thing, I can imagine some crazy loons just hanging onto that instead of holding the steering wheel!

I don't have one on my Zetec, nor did I have one on my MK 5.

x

I have grab handles........... on both sides of my hips!!!!!

Its funny when I saw that title I thought of those too! :lol: Not yours just in general...

oh never mind :lol:

Its funny when I saw that title I thought of those too! :lol: Not yours just in general...

oh never mind :lol:

Cheeky ;) :lol:

Nope no grab handles either on the drivers side, but again did have them on the drivers side in my Mondeo.........strange that.........

Kristal

wow, thanks for the speedy responses everyone!

It makes sense that there wouldnt be one on the drivers side - but just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing out on anything :)

thanks

ive got a sunglasses case thing on my drivers side, but this was taken out of my 07 fiesta as its just screws into the holes where u would have a grb handle

1.25 Style + Reporting with no Grab Handle on Drivers side ;)

Unless my Girlfriend is driving then I have 2 grab handles lol!

• 7 months later...
ive got a sunglasses case thing on my drivers side, but this was taken out of my 07 fiesta as its just screws into the holes where u would have a grb handle

Do you have a photo of this in place would like to see as I miss not having an easy place to put the sunglasses

i have never known of a car with grab handles on the drivers side....

For example Ford Focus I ;) But I have grab hadle also only on passangers side...

• 2 years later...

Hi bit late on this i know but I have had a 2011 Fiesta Titaniun for about 6mths now an I wondered why there isnt a grab handle on the passenger side and yet on others even older models there is.

Is the reason as stated on here that mine has curtain side air bags?

There isnt even the indent to retro fit the handle.

Another 1.6 TDCI Titanium here with no grab handles on either side....

I have curtain airbags.

Another silly question how do I tell if my car has curtain airbags?

Another silly question how do I tell if my car has curtain airbags?

You can check on Ford ETIS but I think that there is an airbag sign above the seatbelt mountings on the b-pillar. Unfortunately, I cycled in this morning so can't go and check!

• 2 months later...

I have a zetec, but i have one on the drivers side, not sure why some do and some don't although currently one handle is broken and its difficult to locate a replacement.

• 10 months later...

I am the proud owner of a new Fiesta Titanium, unfortunately this car has no grab handles. My husband has bad arthritis so we had to have a handle fitted for him. It works but has been described as ****** awful. It hangs below the door frame so if he's not careful he hits his head on it when getting in the car. I think it's deplorable that a top of the range car is not fitted with this facility and when I change the car in 2 years time if there is still no grab handle I shall have to consider another make which will really disappoint me as I love the car otherwise. Madmorse.

For example Ford Focus I wink.gif But I have grab hadle also only on passangers side...

Yes my old 2003 Focus has grab handles on both sides, but my new fiesta doesn't. It was handy on the focus as it was nice to hold whilst the window was open and I was sitting at the lights, as it was awkward to rest it just on the side as it was slightly too high for my driving style. The Fiesta much better suits my size and driving style so don't miss it.

Edit - Only just seen the age of that quote. Eugh, me fail!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club