Do Not Sell My Personal Information

52Plate Mk6 1.4 Gearbox (Petrol)

Big Red Bus

Hi, I had to have a different gearbox fitted after only driving my 52plate 1.4 duratec for a week back in January.

Found it's getting a bit rough/notchy again and noticed loads of oil leaking from the drivers side driveshaft seal. Have got a new seal to fit, am wondering if all I need to do is undo the clamp, lower the shaft (?by letting the nuckle drop?) and pull on the shaft to pop it out?????? Wishfull thinking, right!!! Will I have to undo anything on the strut?

How do I drain my gearbox oil before I start?

How do I top up my gearbox oil and to what level, when finishing?

Actually I've just found a black plastic nozzle on the gearbox that a lil hose fits onto, I twisted it and clear oil came out. Smells a bit like break fluid.

Thanks, Rich. :)

First of all, the part you refer to with the small nozzle will be the slave cylinder for the clutch.

You will need to release the bottom ball joint to get the shaft out of the box, I wouldn't worry about draining it first as you will not loose much if anything.

I'm not sure what the correct fill level for your gearbox is though

• Like 1

Morning, Fantastic Stef. Thanks!

Funny, I was going to try and work out what else that nozzle could have been for, as it was on my mind that it really wasn't the box oil that came out.

I will have to look harder for that black hex head that is the fill and level point other members have mentioned in g/b topic.

Why do the answers to my questions come on the morning its raining that cold wintery/icy rain, not wishing to sound ungrateful buddy ;) . Just have to drink plenty of tea today I geuss n light a fire somewhere nearby (or manup :wacko:). Hopefully you have helped me in the nick of time and overted us having another seased box :D .

Thanks again Stef, have a nice warm day ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club