Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dimondbrite

bootsy

Hi all just wondered what people thought of the Dimondbrite coating?. I have it on mine but have a feeling that maybe a good coat of wax would be better.

Not really worth having if your going to keep your car clean. It's really for people that don't wash there cars but it's a bit late to tell you that now ;)

You can clean and wax with whatever you like although you will probably have been told to only use the supplied stuff when you picked the car u. Which isn't necessary.

Sorry but it's £200 / £250 wasted unless it was a freebee ;)

Yes it was a freebee allthough i expect we paid for it in some way, we got a bag with alloys cleaner, something to put on the windscreen, some spray for the seats, shampoo, consever, glass cleaner, microfibre cloth and a sponge. The shampoo is nearly out and i have just bought some more at £13 for a small bottle, we were told never polish the car just wash it and dry it, it comes up ok doing that but i dont think it is as good as if you gave it a good wax. I think they said the coating lasts for six years but i doubt it. I have also bought the stuff that gives it the coating so i can re apply it after a while, i got it off eBay for £10 and thats for two sets.

I would say just clean your car with the brand of your choice

I personally use Autoglym and Meguiars stuff.

Dealer offered free pureguard for free so took it, but not sure should have bothered as I enjoy washing my car. Anyone know if I can just carry on washing car as normal with usual shampoo with wax etc?

As mentioned above. Makes no difference what you use.

• Like 1

Not really worth having if your going to keep your car clean. It's really for people that don't wash there cars but it's a bit late to tell you that now ;)

You can clean and wax with whatever you like although you will probably have been told to only use the supplied stuff when you picked the car u. Which isn't necessary.

Sorry but it's £200 / £250 wasted unless it was a freebee ;)

I bought a brand new Mondeo Titanium from Ford Direct a month ago, and my Dealer actually advised against having the Diamondbrite option at £250, because its actually £30 of materials and 1 hour of labour to apply!

If we had to pay £250 for it we would not of got it but as it was free i did not mind, did not know we had it until we picked up the car and saw the bag in the boot. Is that a mark one Cortina there nigelphoto?

If we had to pay £250 for it we would not of got it but as it was free i did not mind, did not know we had it until we picked up the car and saw the bag in the boot. Is that a mark one Cortina there nigelphoto?

I am just grateful that my dealer (am I allowed to mention that its Arnold Clark??) was honest in letting me know about the Diamondbrite cost before I actually paid for the car! And yes, its a Mk1 GT 1500 crossflow with all of 78bhp, but it gave me several seasons of tarmac and forest stages rallying and I just wish I could get my hands on one today for what I sold it in 1968 (£400 if I remember!).

We were not charged for the Dimondbrite, spare tyre or the matts, we did pay for the other extras ie met paint, city pack. My first car was a Ford Corsair second car Ford Cortina mark one 1500 gt third Ford Zephr (not sure of the spelling) fourth Ford Zodiac Executive and so on. Best car i have ever had was a Mark one Ford Capri 3.0 litre, i loved that car, i also had a v12 Jaguar but still prefered the Capri.

Pointless, You can buy it online for £10, its pretty naff too, best beading and longevity I've found is Colonite #845.

Dealer offered free pureguard for free so took it, but not sure should have bothered as I enjoy washing my car. Anyone know if I can just carry on washing car as normal with usual shampoo with wax etc?

All you need to do is make sure you use a decent 'soft' shampoo that will not strip of wax protection. Most decent shampoos from good brands such as Autoglym and Meguairs will do this anyway so they are perfectly fine to use.

• Like 1

Meguiars gold class. Doesn't strip wax and smells amazing... There stuff is a big waste like everyone says if you really want it buy off fleebay. You'll also supra guard and autoglym life shine on there and all sorts. Cheaper and easier to fleebay it :)

I was offered free pure guard but as I'm a regular customer we chatted about how naff it was hence it's free. He new that I looked after my cars and said that doing it yourself was better for the paint.

The only advantage pureguard has is the stuff that's put on the seats.

so to sum up, if pureguard is offered at a charge don't take it. If it's free just chuck the stuff on eBay and clean the car with your own stuff.

Oh and please, please no washing up liquid of supermarket car park washes.

As the Dimondbrite was free when we got the car so i bought off eBay the bottles of stuff so i can re apply it after a while, it only cost about £5.00 with the postage. A friend of mine shows cars and uses some quite expensive wax, cant remember the name of it but he said i could try it and the shine he gets with that stuff is very good so i may try that. I use the two bucket washing method and when drying dont go in circles and i would never use a car wash or alike.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club