jimmygixer

Rear Wiper Motor?

My 2003 focus rear wiper no longer works. Before it died if i was to put a little pressure on the wiper it would then move, but not quite as fast as normal.

How likely is it that the motors shot, or is there a fix?

i would say it is shot the gears most likely worn down quite abit or the gear has come out of place best to take the back cover of and have a look inside. i do have a rear wiper motor fully working sitting around

i would say it is shot the gears most likely worn down quite abit or the gear has come out of place best to take the back cover of and have a look inside. i do have a rear wiper motor fully working sitting around

Took it apart, its jammed tight with corrosion. I will have a go at releasing it.

Cheers

I attacked the motor today again with a bit of heat. The shaft was starting to move slightly, but it is that bad i needed to remove it for cleaning and regreasing. Was looking good but as i was thumping it out a bit the hole housing broke in half. So there goes that plan. I think my alternator is shot by the sound of it today also, just as im fitting new springs, what a !Removed! day lol

What are you looking for your motor mate, im in N. Ireland?

£10 for the motor and £10 for postage. if you want i can refurbish it for you before sending it out. i no its definitely working last time i checked. i also have an alternator for £15 good condition fully working.