Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Common Problems Thread

jamesm182

Very common problem also affects the 2.0l zetec my no.3 spark plug is completely corroded so can't change it atm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have a 1.6 tdci goes in to limp mode above 70mpg or if driven above 3.5k red cog light with a ! In the middlencomes on,

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

sods law!!!

paid my finance off in febuary and since then

• coil pack - kaput
  • spark plugs - kaput
  • exhaust sensor - kaput
  • boot lock - kaput
  • 3 new tires
  • brake pads
  • brake disks
  • oil filter

and now low of power apart from that its an 05 focus saloon 60,000 and been a great car touch wood nothing else

Coilpacks are reason I do not like petrol engines anymore I had a mk1 1 6 focus and it was ok for ages untill it spluttered then I replaced it and it kept doing it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I have a 2009 ford focus zetec 1.6.. When i got it, it sounded fine, then it started to sound a bit tapperty. So i serviced it (new plugs. Oil/oil filter. Air filter) and it was still tapperty? I serviced it again today and no change! The engine splutters now and again aswell and it is idling at 900 and sounds like a diesel with the bonnet open! Is this common? And how do i fix it any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 weeks later...

P0087/P1180 Fuel pressure low I would suspect a dodgy fuel filter.

my missus 56 plate 1.6tdci kept cutting out ONLY under heavy throttle and all sorts of odd codes popped up, it used to cut out saying power assist failure, I replaced the fuel filter and tickety boo all sorted , and been good the past 6 months.

The Diesel Really does require a regular fuel filter change and I keep to that now.

Hi all I have a 08 ford focus 1.8 zetec wire off my air filter unit that runs to the injectors were can I get a new one thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Need to get this fixed too:

The heated windscreen can fail on one side either its a simple fuse issue to which there are 2 1 for each side or some cars under the scuttle panel have the electrical ribbon loose which gets rubbed by the wipers when in motion causing it to fail.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi can anyone help me pls I have 2006 2.0 tdci focus it keeps on going in to limp mode my mate put it on a snap on machine and it said particulate filter restriction ash accumulation bank 1 and particulate filter sensor "A" circuit if I buy a new filter will I need to top the fluid up and how do I do it? And do I need to remap or force regeneration even though it's a new filter? And do I have to replace the sensor or is the sensor failing just because it's blocked it's driving me mad would much appreciate it if someone could get back to me asap as I am goin to buy the new filter in a couple of days

How much are you paying for your DPF?

New one on eBay for £120ish.

Eolys fluid top up is about £40 a litre plus garage time to do the job.

Is your DPF nacked or just clogged?

Surely a top up and forced regen is cheaper?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301034685579&alt=web

just get the dpf gutted and remapped no more worries end of....

• Like 1

The dpf is £172 I think it's just clogged it's not in limp mode constantly I can turn the car off then back on and it's fine until I speed down the road then it wil do it again how much is a remap roughly Andy?

I'm just stuck as to what to do I want to do it the cheapest way but also want the car to run ok I was thinking of just getting rid of it for cheap and buy a new car cos I was told the car ain't worth the cost of repair

I have not got the foggiest Daniel lol :iim: I am sure someone will pop along and tell you I am sure its about £450 gutted and remapped, a fair amount BUT if you plan on keeping the car then an investment really....

goodbye car hello newer car

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am new here and I have a problem with my 08 ford focus mk2 1.8 TDCI zetec ok 2 problems.

Problem number 1 which was the first one i noticed is when I am driving at any speed particularly at 100 kilometers an hour and i gradually take my foot off the gas for a few seconds and it will slow down but when its going from 100 down to 80 the car will chug like its about to cut out (best word i can think of to describe the issue). This is when I am in 5th gear I have also noticed it happening in 4th gear as well. (and no I'm not just changing down gears).

Problem number 2, This problem only occurred today on the way in to work as I put the window down the ABS and the warning light came on some other light also came on, as i put the window up the same lights came on and the radio shut off as if the car was turned off and i had locked it. (which obviously isnt the case when i was going 80kilometers and hour at the time)

and ideas would be greatly appreciated

Ideally you need to start your own thread I can't do this for you on a mobile. Go to the Ford focus section and click new topic / thread in the top right

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me:

The heated windscreen can fail on one side either its a simple fuse issue to which there are 2 1 for each side or some cars under the scuttle panel have the electrical ribbon loose which gets rubbed by the wipers when in motion causing it to fail.

Power steering hose just behind the radiator and at the join to the pump are prone to leaks from corrosion recommend every 6 months applying grease to the area such as vaseline to prevent this.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

take it these problems are common to c-max models as well

tia

paul

• Like 1

The 1.6tdxi up until 2006 has a poor designed intercooler pipe that cracks easily, and the auto gearbox (zf) has a known failure issue. Beyond that they tend to share the characteristics of the focus