Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Rumble.?

scottie1985

Hi, new to this.

I recently bought 2011 (60 plate) focus 1.6tdci zetec s.

In the 6 weeks I've owned the car I've had the front alloys balanced 4 time (different garages) and 2 or 3 days later steering wheel is rumbling between 60mph/80mph. Never experienced this before and neither has anybody I know! Has any 1 on here? And I'm thinking of re-mapping it has anybody done it? And how was the out come? :)

check the tracking as it might be out slightly. might be out a fraction out just to cause the steering to rumble at high speed but not enough to feel it at low speed.

Thanks Johnson the tracking is slightly out as the steering goes left a tiny bit when going straight, but even still I've had cars where the tracking is miles out and never had the weights keep dropping off alloys or had to keep getting the balanced.

Most likely a buckled alloy the wheel balancers wont tell you its buckled they will just try to balance it as best they can also warped disks will cause this sometimes as well as worn suspension components

• Like 1

Hi, new to this.

I recently bought 2011 (60 plate) focus 1.6tdci zetec s.

In the 6 weeks I've owned the car I've had the front alloys balanced 4 time (different garages) and 2 or 3 days later steering wheel is rumbling between 60mph/80mph. Never experienced this before and neither has anybody I know! Has any 1 on here? And I'm thinking of re-mapping it has anybody done it? And how was the out come? :)

Sounds like a buckled wheel mate,

All the balancing in the world won't stop the rumble,

You need to get it reshaped,

I've got a self built zetecS 1.6TDCi 90bhp standard,

I've blanked the egr, green cotton performance induction, piper 2.5" Dpf back duplex exhaust, dpf internal removal and remap.

She's now rated at 125bhp and 68 Mpg

Click on my avatar picture for a list of guides including egr blanking on your motor.

Thanks for your replys lads.! I never thought it might be a buckled wheel cause after they've been balanced the car drives rumble free for about 2 or 3 days then it just starts again. And as for the re-map mine is 110 standerd with about 55mpg. Just ain't sure if a re-map or a gain of 30 odd bhp the cars mechanical parts would withstand it. Thanks again

The diesel can take it think of it not as putting any more stress on the engine more as releasing its potential the standard map is restrictive for emission purposes to meet eu regulations and is often over restrictive youre simply removing these restrictions but keeping it legal

Nice one artscot I shall be booking it up then. The car needs abit more get up and go! I'll get my alloys checked or I'll by an aftermarket set, my car is like a graphite grey colour so I'm inclined to buy a black set :)