Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St Turbo Gauge

legless051202

Hi guys,

My Turbo gauge will not go over 1/4, I'm sure before it would go to 3/4 or even 1/2. About a week ago after work I started my car and a message appeared, something like Engine system problem, Accelerator Reduced, so I switched the engine off, left it 5 mins & started it again and No probs since then, not sure that has anything to do with the Turbo gauge. I floored it a bit today, she does go but that gauge will not move over 1/4 , & I'm sure coz of this I could be losing that bit of power, I could be wrong, any advice will be appreciated. Read somewhere change the Boost Solenoid or something.

Hi guys,

My Turbo gauge will not go over 1/4, I'm sure before it would go to 3/4 or even 1/2. About a week ago after work I started my car and a message appeared, something like Engine system problem, Accelerator Reduced, so I switched the engine off, left it 5 mins & started it again and No probs since then, not sure that has anything to do with the Turbo gauge. I floored it a bit today, she does go but that gauge will not move over 1/4 , & I'm sure coz of this I could be losing that bit of power, I could be wrong, any advice will be appreciated. Read somewhere change the Boost Solenoid or something.

The boost solenoid is indeed a very common culprit for this on the ST. May be worth giving that a try first.

Also, if the car is standard then it should hold the boost level at half way on the guage (0.6 bar). It may spike slightly past this but it will always hold at halfway before tailing of slightly at the top of the rev range. If your car has been mapped then it will hold at 3/4 or more. :)

My car hasn't been mapped, I don't have No hissing noises either, do you think the Boost solenoid will cure this problem , Is it easy to replace ??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club