Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Disable The Lights Coming On When Unlocking?

Rich2508

Hi, I have just picked up a 2011 C Max Titanium, and really pleased with it - replaced an S Max that we had for 5 yrs. However, just one thing irritates me - its when you unlock the car the front &rear lights come on until you have got in and close the door. A real waste of time in my opinion, but on all other cars we have had with this feature, you can switch it off.

I have searched the manual and tried settings on the computer, but can't see how. Can anyone help?

I'm not 100% sure but I doubt there will be a setting on the car itself. I would imagine it would be possible to deactivate this at a dealer etc by having it plugged into Ford IDS. Can someone else confirm this?

Welcome to the club by the way :)

yes you can use the modified ELM cable to disable the walk me home lights, I dont know of any way to do this with button presses though.

Thanks for info so far guys, the plug in module looks a little dangerous to me -would be afraid of wiping something out. At least it can be done though (plus the rear wiper coming on when you select reverse which is also a bit of a pain and was so on my SMax).

Think I may wait for the dealer to sort when I need a service.

Dealer will charge you a fortune, but on a serious note, if you backup before you change, you always can revert it back to a usable state. I wouldn't discount it altogether, it really is a simple interface and if all else fails, if you can have wifi close by, someone may even (if the timing is right) dial onto your computer and remote control and help you out. I have no objections to this, as long as things arent crazy busy if you ever wanted to do it!

• 5 years later...

Hello guys, new member here. 

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I want to do the opposite, i have a mondeo titanium mk4 2007 and my sidelights and taillights don't come on when unlocking and locking the car, only interior lights and puddle lights. Is there any possibility to turn this on from elm config? I know for a fact that titanium models have this feature post-2008. thanks 

best regards!