Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Ka Problems Just After Warranty

NicLamb

Hello all,

So the missus has given me the lovely job of dealing with her car problems.

The Car

2010 mk2 Ford KA Zetec 1.25

Im not good with Fords and ive never had a warranty before so i need help with how to approach this aswell.

so the problems.

Rattles enough said and not the main issue at the moment, this is somthing i will address at another time.

Main issue, leaks. Got in the car Saturday and it was pretty much raining in the car. Dirvers seat Soaking along with the floor and the roof lining.

she brought the car just OVER a year ago and were talking a year and 2 weeks ago.

but what ive noticed is a small buckle in the bonnet. showing the car has been in a front ender and they have just replaced the bumper, but thats beside the point what can i do about the leak?

Thanks in advance

Nic

Was it purchased from a main dealer? I would be looking to get a decent good will contribution from Ford, providing all servicing has been carried out correctly etc up until now. If this is the case I see no reason you could not get a good will contribution seeing as it is only 2 weeks outside of warranty.

Was it purchased from a main dealer? I would be looking to get a decent good will contribution from Ford, providing all servicing has been carried out correctly etc up until now. If this is the case I see no reason you could not get a good will contribution seeing as it is only 2 weeks outside of warranty.

Thanks for the reply, yes its was from Ford in Swindon.

so not so much as fix the problem but a good will, or the the good will be to fix it?

Really depends on the dealer etc. I would have a chat with them and see what they say. You may be lucky and they may fix it for you due to the fact that it is only 2 weeks but you will have to see what they say.

Forgot to say welcome to the club by the way :)

If I were you, I would give your local trading standards department a ring and explain the problem to them. The problem with the car would appear to be so serious that you may well still have legal rights under the Sale of Good Act. Contrary to what most people think (and garages would have you believe) warranties are additional to your statutory rights under the SGA. As has been said, a decent contribution to the cost of repair would seem the right way forward. It may also be worth carrying out a bit of research on the net to see if other owners have experienced this problem.

If I were you, I would give your local trading standards department a ring and explain the problem to them. The problem with the car would appear to be so serious that you may well still have legal rights under the Sale of Good Act. Contrary to what most people think (and garages would have you believe) warranties are additional to your statutory rights under the SGA. As has been said, a decent contribution to the cost of repair would seem the right way forward. It may also be worth carrying out a bit of research on the net to see if other owners have experienced this problem.

Thank you VERY much!

update, car booked in to be look at to diagnose the problem Thursday morning. so i can only assume at the moment that its free until they say how to fix it and what its costs them. i then assume as the warranty ran out over the weekend (the lady on the phone told me) i will get a 'goodwill' of lets say 60% as i think thats fair but im going for more.

so il get on the phone sone to trading standards and see what they say im willing to get and see how i get on!

The thing that gets me is, you buy a newer car for peace of mind. but my 55 plate Coupe hasnt had a problem in 2 years at all, but i guess all cars have the differnt problems if any at all!

but to be honest its the last ford i will see on my drive until im very old and dont care anymore!(but hopefully it will be a jag)

Thanks for your help so far, updates to follow.

check the scuttles are clear & make sure the arel on the roof is seated properly you may need to remove it by tanikng the interior light ot then remove the whole arel then clean & use some silicone and refit it all also check around the window screen

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club