Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halfords Autocentres

sjr84

Anyone had a cambelt changed there?

I heard they can be pricey and they make up extra jobs to bump the total price up lol

They used to be nationwide autocentres didn't they?

Indeed they did.

They were a right robbing bunch or ham fisted idiots.

Their uniform should have been a striped shirt and a black mask.

I don't trust Halfrauds either, different name same ham fists.

• Like 1

Monkeys in uniforms the lot of them. Just the same as the staff that run the shops. Kids with little or no knowledge of cars. Gladly I don't need the likes of these services as I'm competent enough to carry out my own work, but if I wasn't in this situation I certainly wouldn't be visiting Halfords.

So glad i didnt just book my car in before asking everyone on here

Thanks everyone, i certainly wont be using halfrauds for any repairs lol

Gotta look out for them on watchdog too

Indeed they did.

They were a right robbing bunch or ham fisted idiots.

Their uniform should have been a striped shirt and a black mask.

I don't trust Halfrauds either, different name same ham fists.

I wouldn't trust anyone with the name Halfrauds! :lol:

Went to get my tracking done a couple of cars ago when I lowered it, turned out the place I used to go when I pulled up was one of these now, they were having a problem with the brand new 4 post ramp, as in it would not work lol. well after 5 minutes I opened the door from the waiting area to garage walked up to ramp, opened electrical panel and reset the overload shut the panel, told him it would now work and went back to the waiting area.

I still got charged too :blink:

• Like 1

I think I would have walked up to the ramp, driven car off ramp, re-set the switch and then driven off!!! :)

• Like 1

I think I would have walked up to the ramp, driven car off ramp, re-set the switch and then driven off!!! :)

I had being putting off getting tracking done, car was handling like a pig on ice and killing my really nice front tyres so thought in for a penny in for a pound, to be fare they did a decent job and steering wheel was straight, thats a pet hate of mine when tracking done and steering wheel aint straight, 0-60 in 1 second to angrymanville :angry:

• Like 1

I had being putting off getting tracking done, car was handling like a pig on ice and killing my really nice front tyres so thought in for a penny in for a pound, to be fare they did a decent job and steering wheel was straight, thats a pet hate of mine when tracking done and steering wheel aint straight, 0-60 in 1 second to angrymanville :angry:

Glad I'm not the only one who expects the steering wheel to be in a straight line after having work done on my car !

lost count the amount of times ive come across badly fitted headlight bulbs while servicing/mot prep work...9 out of 10, when mentioned the problem to the owner, im told they paid £6/£7 to have them fitted by Halfords..

id rather have my car repaired by kwik fit :o :lol: :lol:

i wouldnt trust Halfords to change there underwear mate and i would go nowhere near them for any car work not even a wiper or bulb they arent intelligent or trained enough to be monkeys in suits ide rather let actual trained chimps do the work

Don't do it!!!! I took my 2008 focus there for its 2nd service, about 20k on the clock and without asking me changed my spark plugs (which didnt need doing)! When I drove the car away...after about 5 miles it started miss firing. So I took it straight back for them to look at and they told me that the had butchered one of the spark plugs! Turned out a piece had broken off and done a a tour of the engine, punctured a valve and god knows what else. I ended up taking the car to fords and they replaced my engine under warranty. So on the upside I have a car which has travelled 50k but engine has only 30k on it! it wasnt a nice situation so I'd avoid at all costs. I have binned off Halfords altogether!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club