Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Key?

mactell

Hi guys,

My car: Ford Fiesta MK6 56 Plate

my key is starting to break as it only locks and unlocks after pressing the buttons lots of times.

I do have a spare however it is not a master key and it is not electric.

Can anyone link me to the same key as mine and tell me how to program it myself?

Thanks,

I'm assuming your key looks something like this

post-41018-0-49694700-1381881266_thumb.j

If so then all you need is to get a replacement from eBay, then change over the blade and transponder chip from your key to the replacement, once thats done the new fob will need syncing to the central locking by turning the ignition from 0 to 2, four times in six seconds finishing on 0, when you hear the beep just press any button on the remote, then turn the key back to 2 and back off, and it should be done

Have a look here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-FOCUS-FIESTA-PUMA-COUGAR-KA-REMOTE-KEY-FOB-3-button-fob-/321227727487?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item4acaaa227f

• Like 1

Firstly, I'd change the battery.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd recommend sourcing a genuine Ford remote key. In my experience, the aftermarket keys and cases aren't as well made and were a waste of money.

The immobiliser chip can be transferred from the old key to the new one.

The new key's locking/unlocking code can be programmed into the GEM as follows ...

HOW TO PROGRAM A NEW REMOTE KEY’S CODE INTO THE REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM

Insert an existing key. Turn it from position 0 to position 2 and back to position 0 four times within three seconds. Remove the key.

The red warning light should flash to indicate that the remote central locking system is in "learning mode".

You now have 20 seconds to ...

Press any one of the new remote key’s buttons.

The red warning light should flash to indicate that the new remote key’s code has been learned by the remote central locking system.

Wait 20 seconds for learning mode to time out. Alternatively, insert a key and turn it to position 2.

Totally concur with the posts above.

The key comes apart into 3 distinct parts-

1/ Blade

2/ Central locking buttons (RCL)

3/ battery compartment and immobiliser transponder.

If the only bit you're having trouble with is the RCL then if buying a replacement key just swap the new button section onto the original blade and battery sections.

Programme the new RCL circuit as per the procedure in the above post and you're sorted.

Nah It's a doddle.

The central locking circuit is on the button side, the immobiliser chip is on the battery side.

If it's the buttons playing up just get a spare key and swap the button section over, this means that the original immobiliser chip is used with the original blade.

the only bit that needs programming is the central locking which takes less than a minute.

post-28494-0-14090600-1381913955_thumb.j

If you want to just try a new battery it's a CR2032 you need.

Okay thank you for the information. How long should a battery in a key like mine last? as I did get it done a couple of months ago it worked fine for 2/3 weeks and then is gone again. But my car is used 3/4 times a day.

It should last at least a year or two before you start to notice the range dropping I would say.

Hmm ok. I will try again and update the topic once I have tried this and let you all know how I get on.

Since posting this the key seem to work !Removed! fine now lol. Really strange problem.

You could try cleaning and re-tensioning the battery contacts.

Sometimes also if you have loads of keys on the same bunch as the car one signal disruption may occur.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club