Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Service ?

Big_dom91

Right so its the time of the year again where the car needs its service but what service should i get the last one was an interim service so dont want to be getting ripped off paying extra money if its basicly the same stuff that will be getting changed

Cheers peeps :)

most of its checks i do the pollen filter myself every year plugs etc leave them to do the dirty work like oil and filter and check the gearbox oil ford etis will let you print out a service schedule

Its only coz i thort if i get the oil,air,fuel and pollen filters and spark plugs changed im not paying excess amount because its the advised service because they charge differently dont they i.e first,sec an third service so they wont be getting to much money from me haha

thats usually what i do £130 was the last service after i did most of the work they just charged it as an interim

Doing the air+oil filters and oil change yourself can be very cost effective; e.g

Focus Mk2.5 1.6Tdci 5yr interim service at a Ford dealer should have cost £177, but I did the oil+air filters and the oil change myself. The result was the service cost £83, which after factoring in what I paid for the bits meant I saved about £60.

N.B. I asked about the service cost before I let them know I'd done some of it myself. :rolleyes:

Not sure if it's the same on others but normally on the ST it requires a 'full' service every third year and an interim one every year including pollen filter change.

interim normally is every 1 and 2, then third is normally full service. perhaps as the ST is an untamed beast it needs the extra lovin'?

interim normally is every 1 and 2, then third is normally full service. perhaps as the ST is an untamed beast it needs the extra lovin'?

Isn't that the same pattern as what I just said? :lol:

I thought it was but your third year read as if they did a major and a minor together? where you said "an an interim service every year" :p

now either I am drunk (unlikely) or just too tired (much more realistic) that the way you said it, is not the way my eyes and brain interpreted it :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club