Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Ambient Lighting

Mcleant01

Hi got hold of the ambient lighting set just wondering if there's anybody fitted these or if there's a simple way of connecting these up cheers

The glove box ambient lighting ? or ?

Yeah the one just above glovebox & the one that sits in compartment in front of gear knob

You'd need to splice in to an ignition (on when the engine's on) live or one that comes on when your lights are on depending when you'd like them on.

Yeah mine is a 62 reg zs it the proper set of ambient lights that I have the connections are there for these just they don't come on is there an easier way to connect using the proper wires that's there or would it be easy to connect to side lights so they on when there on cheers

I haven't done this myself, but I know that car's with the ambient lights in as standard have an "Ambient Light" on/off setting in the Cars Menu. Have you tried looking for this? Or you might possibly have to get something "activated" in the menu?

Have had a secondhand 2009 Fiesta Titanium with ambient light as standard for a couple of months, and have to say that the feature is a bit of a disappointment in my opinion - not that I bought the car because it specifically had this. The lighting in the centre compartment is so dim as to be invisible unless you actually have something stored in the compartment for it to reflect off of - the black plastic of the compartment simply absorbs all the red light otherwise. The strip above the glovebox has a mild effect, but is pretty underwhelming really. I leave it turned off in the menu now anyway. Shame they didn't choose to light a few other things too to add a bit of wow factor, it seems a bit of a half-hearted gimmick as it is.

Cheers guys thinking of just selling these & fitting LEDs

I retro fitted mine with LEDs and they are super bright, you can clearly see the LEDs in in direct sun light, also wired in a switch and relay so they come on when i open the car but turn off when the car starts but can work if i put the interior over head switch on toke some time and help wiring it but works a treat :) much better than factory fitted

Cheers guys thinking of just selling these & fitting LEDs

Probably a wise move. Ford may have improved them as time went on, but if what you have are the same components as in mine then you may be disappointed. I'm surprised they even bothered making it a menu selectable option as it makes a fat lot of difference on or off. Probably the most useless feature I've seen in any car if mine is representative of how it should work.

I retro fitted mine with LEDs and they are super bright, you can clearly see the LEDs in in direct sun light, also wired in a switch and relay so they come on when i open the car but turn off when the car starts but can work if i put the interior over head switch on toke some time and help wiring it but works a treat :) much better than factory fitted

Do you have a guide on how you did yours cheers

Here you go,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11992-the-ambient-lighting-installation-guide/

i followed this to the tea, but i added a due positive feed to the lights via a choci block, so basicly when the doors open they have power then when my ingnition comes on they still get power but when i turn the car on start the car they turn off via a relay cutting the power to them, it was quite hard to wire mine up and it toke me a couple of days to find the wires i needed :/

This is really odd because my ZS has all the Ambient lighting wiring, and i got the dealer to add the lights.

The glove box wire is just above the glovebox tucked in a proper blanking holder, the door card ambient wiring was a little more involved as that needed a loom made up and took 6 weeks for ford to make for me, and the wire for the lighting to come on and go off with the rest was easy to find.

The ambient light in front of gear stick in the centre console no longer exists for the mk7.5 models, so ford ordered a mk7 and i took a feed from the glovebox wire rather than splicing into this or cutting into that!!!

PLUS - The ambient lights on all of them are really nice and bright!!! I have noticed a number of ppl mention the glovebox one not being 'that' bright, but mine is. I'm very pleased with it, and the door side ambient lights under the handles and in the door latches are great!!! Looks awesome.... :D :D

• Like 1

This is really odd because my ZS has all the Ambient lighting wiring, and i got the dealer to add the lights.

The glove box wire is just above the glovebox tucked in a proper blanking holder, the door card ambient wiring was a little more involved as that needed a loom made up and took 6 weeks for ford to make for me, and the wire for the lighting to come on and go off with the rest was easy to find.

The ambient light in front of gear stick in the centre console no longer exists for the mk7.5 models, so ford ordered a mk7 and i took a feed from the glovebox wire rather than splicing into this or cutting into that!!!

PLUS - The ambient lights on all of them are really nice and bright!!! I have noticed a number of ppl mention the glovebox one not being 'that' bright, but mine is. I'm very pleased with it, and the door side ambient lights under the handles and in the door latches are great!!! Looks awesome.... :D :D

Hi there do you have pictures of how you did yours thanks

Hi there do you have pictures of how you did yours thanks

Which bit?

Which bit?

J

Don't matter mate I'm just going to retro fit some LEDs cheers

Ok, cool.

I found some aftermarket stuff a little too bright, and oem easier to fit. B)

• Like 1

Hi Torchwood! I too bought the ambient light kit. Glovebox is installed, but I didn't understand what mk7 part you got to fit the gear knob compartment lights. The whole console or just the little box. Also, do you have any pictures or a more detailed explanation on door handle light installation? My dealer said they couldn't fit any, but since I got through the glovebox, thought I could install the others as well... Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club