Do Not Sell My Personal Information

09 Fiesta usb ipod connection help!!!

Lee09

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, i have a new 09 fiesta with aux/usb connection, i have the genuine ford cable aswell and you cant connect an iPhone via usb (ie swich song using steering wheel) however i can play using aux only whics is not what iam after. I have spoke to both ford and apple and they both are saying the opposite company needs to update either the phone or car.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks v much

Lee...

Hey. I'm pretty sure you can change the track of the iPhone via the steering wheel. It is exactly the same as an iPod when in iPod mode. I'm not sure about if you set a song to play then return to the home screen though.

Try changing track when the iPhone's iPod app is still active.

??? I could be wrong but there is no reason why it shouldn't work! ???

I have an iPhone 3G and it works a peach in the wife's 09 Fiesta. It certainly does change tracks from the steering wheel. Have you tried a different Ford Y cable to see if it's that that's causing the issue. I presume also that your iPhone is running latet software (V 2.2.1) although I don't for a minute think it would be that. My best guess is it's either the cable or may the USB port in the car?

When the iPhone is connected and you press 'Aux' in the car are you able to see your device on the matrix display, ie does it specifically identify your device?

I have an iPhone 3G and it works a peach in the wife's 09 Fiesta. It certainly does change tracks from the steering wheel. Have you tried a different Ford Y cable to see if it's that that's causing the issue. I presume also that your iPhone is running latet software (V 2.2.1) although I don't for a minute think it would be that. My best guess is it's either the cable or may the USB port in the car?

When the iPhone is connected and you press 'Aux' in the car are you able to see your device on the matrix display, ie does it specifically identify your device?

Hey thanks for replying, i have just checked thos in my car and it works fine :s so its all good!!! The funny thing is i have tried to do this a few times and its never work but there you go its all sorted....

Thanks for the replies

had this with my ipod, u go in to the aux settings on the stereo and set it to ipod mode, as opposed to usb flash etc. Then it does as you'd hope each time u plug the bugger in subsequently, oh and both parts of the Y have to be plugged in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club