Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows Steaming Up

david295

I am having to drive around with air con on all the time to stop windows steaming up, what is causing them to steam up constantly

Its happening in my new zetec S... really flipping annoying. Dont know if the windows need a good clean or what but its really bugging me. Only happening when its wet outside I'll add..

Exact same problem today for me in my new zs

Make sure you have the air recirculation off so only fresh enters the cabin or you will just keep the damp air going round in circles.

I have same problem i find flicking the heater round so it vents on to the window gets rid if it over time but still comes back :/

Its happening in my new zetec S... really flipping annoying. Dont know if the windows need a good clean or what but its really bugging me. Only happening when its wet outside I'll add..

I must admit when it's wet my car does seem to get a little steamy sometimes. I guess that's just the damp in the air.

Water can get into the car quite easily when it's raining like when you open the door during a downpour, there's water all over you and the inside of the door. This water will evaporate when the car warms up but will stay inside the car invisible until it cools and condenses. Do this a few times and you'll find it hard to get rid off.

Check the headcloth at the rear close too the boot....it is a common place for a water ingress/leak.... The water leaks in from a seal thats around a wiring loom, if you open the boot and see the black covered up wiring check the seal, and check headcloth isn't wet, if its wet it will most likely be leaking at the wiring seal, had a couple of 2013 zetec s fiestas like this in my work

Just checked mine, was driving a lot in the rain all day and steamed up a lot, the headcloth is dry but the seal isnt exactly tight

Hello

Happens to me too but have to say that it happened with my previous car also, VW Polo.

Must be something to due with temperature out side and inside of the car.

Not a real issue on cold days for me.

Gary

• Like 1

Me also. My last Fiesta was a nightmare. Air-Con on .... Air-Con off ..... and it went on like this until I got to where I was going !!! I even bought something that was supposed to stop the inside misting up .... RUBBISH !

I usually run with the window down a wee bit anyway, but on rainy days that's not very handy.

That's another thing with Fiestas .... the water drips off the roof and in the window like you wouldn't believe. Drives me nuts ! Bought the wind deflectors for the windows, but when we tried to fit them, the windows wouldn't work, so they have been abandoned in to the loft !! Waste of money .... UNLESS ... anyone have fitting tips ????? :D

You need too reset the windows.....use only the first click on the switch and hold up and once it reaches the top, keep holding you should hear a little click within a second...thats the window reset for the fully closed position...do the same for going downwards and use only the first click of the switch

• Like 1

You need too reset the windows.....use only the first click on the switch and hold up and once it reaches the top, keep holding you should hear a little click within a second...thats the window reset for the fully closed position...do the same for going downwards and use only the first click of the switch

How would this cause the windows to steam up.

• Like 1

Thank you .... i'll try that. I don't know if it will make that much difference, but being a smoker, I like to have the window down, and on wet days, i'm constantly mopping up water coming dripping down from the roof and coming in the window. It's not like it's WIDE open, it's just enough to flick out of ! Bad habit I know, but we all have at least one !!! Cheers, Jackie :)

It doesn't .... I went a wee bit off topic and asked about fitting the Climair wind deflectors !

I was referring too the question about wind deflectors....

Haha! Yeap we all have out habbits....mines is a heavy foot if someone decides too fly past me lol

• Like 1

I was referring too the question about wind deflectors....

???

Jackie

You ordering the wind deflectors? I placed my order today.

Gary

• Like 1

Jackie

You ordering the wind deflectors? I placed my order today.

Gary

I already have a set. Well, I do if the same ones fit this model as did the 11 Reg I had !!!! I can't see why they wouldn't mind you. I just couldn't get the windows to work with them on the last car, so took them off, back in the box and upstairs into the loft !!!

Make sure you have the air recirculation off so only fresh enters the cabin or you will just keep the damp air going round in circles.

This...... if you do have this on, windows will mist up very quickly.

Jackie

Maybe someone could confirm but think they would fit.

If they do I can always do it for you if you want?

Gary

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club