Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci

itdiz

ford focus tdci 1.8 estate where is the camshaft sensor car stalled turns over but wont start think it maybe the fuel injector pump but though id try the sensor first but mechanic said it don't have one is this true

On the Focus from MK1 to at least MK2.5 there is both a crankshaft and camshaft sensor.

Your mecanic is a twit.

2001itturns over but does not try to fire up was running fine b4

Was thinking to change sensor as its cheaper than fuel injector pump but dont know where it is

The camshaft position sensor is located at the rear of the cylinder head on the left hand side (looking from the drivers seat).

Loosen the retaining clips at either end and remove the air cleaner inlet duct.

Disconnect the cylinder head breather hose.

Disconnect the wiring connector from the sensor then undo the retaining bolt and withdraw the sensor from the head.

post-28494-0-87822600-1381966467_thumb.j post-28494-0-68238400-1381966475_thumb.j

Hes now rang

me says hes had code. Reader on it says fuel injector pump malfunction does this mean its the pump for sure as it expensive and i dont trust mechanic as hes already rolę me it dont have cam position sensor when it does or could it he something else

Where you get the pictures from is there a book i can buy

Buy yourself a bluetooth OBD interface off eBay and if you have an iPhone or android phone then using an app called Torque Pro read your own codes.

I use Haynes manuals for the odd cheeky picture.

Possibly my bad, it may only be relevant on petrol cars.

Even the Mods can learn :p

Not sure if I read on here recently someone else had a similar problem to do with fuel pressure and it was a connector/wiring had burnt out it was situated just below the fuel filter to the right of the alternator it was the fuel temp temp sensor might be worth a look .

it might be on top of the rocker cover

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club