Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Galaxy Problem Help Needed Asap

Daniel Peters

Hi there we have an automatic ford galaxy which we brought privately we were told it was slipping but would get us home we were about 30 mins from home when it went to 20 MPH and would just rev after that so I parked up in a safe place and tried to put the shifter in 1, 2 and 3 but it would not go into any of them we have had someone look at it and they said it the solenoid and the torque converter someone else has said it could be low on gearbox oil I don't know which is true so I need some advice please asap

both could be true, but unless whoever told you it would get you home didnt actually check the box oil, then its more likely to be a problem in the box itself...such as the torque convertor/solenoids

I know the CMAX has an issue with the 1.6CVT where the gearbox is prone to early failure. This is because the engine puts out too much torque and the gearbox cant cope. I dont know if such an issue is present on the galaxy, but it sounds to me like your best bet is to go to a dealer for diagnosis. It could be the torque converter has failed, if there wasnt enough oil in the gearbox it would most likely have seized altogether.

Do you have any messages on the computer? such as "Transmission Failure" or similar?

Can you still actually drive the car?

• 2 months later...

Know this thread is old but I also have this problem too. I took Ford Galaxy 2008 2.0 Diesel to Dagenham Motors Plaistow (A Ford Dealer) and done a diagnostics on the car and they said I need a new EGR Valve. I sed I will give the car a few days after christmas as I need the car to do my school job. I hand the car to Dagenham Motors Ripple Road (plaistow reffered me) and they done another diagnostic and said I need a new Turbo Solenoid Valve and will cost me £392.59 and I sed I will go ahead with it and Its taking them a week now and they still havent fitted the part in even though its in stock. The mechanic says if the new solenoid valve does not fix the problem then I need a new Turbo which costs me £1,400 which is nearly a quarter of my cars value. Hope it helps.

sounds to me there trying to chase the problem with you paying for it.

Sounds like a stab in the dark with a blindfold and a spoon to me!

Do you get limp home mode or similar?