Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox Oil

shamus1

anybody know how much gearbox oil I need to change it in my 2.0 tdci focus 2005 6 speed, many thanks.

have found this stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-Syntrans-Multivehicle-75w-90-CAS-1817-7160-2-2x1L-2-Litre-/151059704294?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item232bdc29e6 its recommende for my car on the Castrol site its fully synthetic is fords fully synthetic,my car has aslight whine very faint so was thinking this might shut it up,what do you think?

my whine seems to be when you come of the power in a high gear but no noise when on the power?

yep my gearbox is the same.Has had a whine for the last 100000 miles,I think its just the way it is.

changing the oil made it bit better (maybe)I was going to try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forte-Car-Diff-Gearbox-Wear-Noise-Gear-Oil-Treatment-/261309198652?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item3cd73df13c it worked in a land rover, but never got around to it.

was thinking of that stuff aswell but have read up on the Castrol oil and its supposed to be very good on on gearboxes.i think it could be because its fully synthetic and ford gearbox oil might be semi?

How often should gearbox oil be changed? Ive got a 08 focus 1.6 petrol with 140k kms on the clock. Should it have been changed or when would it be due a change?

• 1 year later...

Hi what gearbox oil do I need for my Ford Focus 1.6 duratec-TI-VCT 2005 and how much please thanks

Does any one no what gearbox oil I need to put in my Ford Focus 1.6 2005 semi or fully synthetic thank

I would most likely go for 75w/90 fully synthetic. IIRC for an ib5 box its 2.3 litres. Personally I wouldn't buy the ford stuff, i tend to use triple qx stuff from eurocarparts but I do buy 5 litres at a time so does work out cheaper.