Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss Of Power At 2000Rpm, 50Mph -- Garage In Bristol

Pedi Qp

Hi all,

I'm a proud owner of a 2006 Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi (my 2nd one). Just after a week of having bought it, I got something that looks very similar to this topic. The car has nearly no power above 50mph / 2000rpm.

It all started today when the car was choking at low speed. At first it looked like it was running out of gas (I was but still enough for some 20 mi). To play safe, I quickly refilled with £20 of diesel and went for a drive to check. I took it to the motorway and I noticed the car had no power above 2000rpm or so. Maybe there is a connection between the incidents.

I have no tools or place to try diagnose and fix it by myself, so I wonder if any of you know a good (£££) and trustworthy focus-diesel-friendly place where I could take the car for a check and perhaps a repair.

Other than that, do you think there's a connection between running low on fuel and this cutting at 50mph?

thanks

Clogged injectors or a split intercooler hose vould cause this.

TBH because you ran low on fuel I'd suspect dirty fuel filter and/or injectors due to sediment from the tank.

Try some injector cleaner and see if it helps.

Mines started this today and my obd reader said dpf, mines same engine as yours

Stoney871 -- thanks for the comment. I think it was as simple as dirt in the tank. It didn't happen again and i'll keep the tank always half filled at least to see what happens.

About suddenly loosing accelaration above 2000rpm, happened again in a quick trip to Tesco. On my way back it behaved fine. The car still runs and gets me there (at 30-40mph) but it makes me very nervous because it seems quite unpredictable.

marklord83 -- I'm taking the car to a garage and let you know what they said. Once you have more news, can you report back here? thanks

Will do mate I'm gonna see how it goes for a couple of days and if it does it again I'll try one last hard drive and see what happens

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club