Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Car

murker1991

hi im turning 18, finally coming round to passing my test (flopped 2 thanks to an excellent driving instructor :/) want to get a fiesta zetec 1.4 for cheap insurance and a nice looking car.. anything i should know about the car for a first car, i learn in a mk6 fiesta but is the mk7 just as easy to drive, has it got enough power to satisfy, whats the audio connections like and trim levels.. as i say its my first car so i wont be spending massive amounts of money on it, but should recieve some discount due to my grandad working for ford previously.. what is the privacy glass like, worth having or should i just get limo tints when i get the car? how long would i expect to wait for my car to be built? thanks in advance

as a mk6 owner twice before.... the mk7 beats it by miles... spend a little more and go for the mk7! plus insurance was cheaper with the new model...

Im sure you will be really happy with a Mk7 as the rest of us on here seem to be.

I used a ford loyalty card from a friend and received £500 off, not sure if you were expecting more, apparently the old "ford ticket" thing dont work much anymore unless you yourself actually work at present for Fords, but hey every little counts, my tip is to go there saying you have x amount to spend and the spec you want and if they dont agree, then walk away, they will call you even if it takes them a few weeks, one of my OH customers has just got a kuga with £3,000 knocked off by doing this as well as a good part exchange deal.

Happy shopping x

as a mk6 owner twice before.... the mk7 beats it by miles... spend a little more and go for the mk7! plus insurance was cheaper with the new model...

yeh i will be getting new model

Im sure you will be really happy with a Mk7 as the rest of us on here seem to be.

I used a ford loyalty card from a friend and received £500 off, not sure if you were expecting more, apparently the old "ford ticket" thing dont work much anymore unless you yourself actually work at present for Fords, but hey every little counts, my tip is to go there saying you have x amount to spend and the spec you want and if they dont agree, then walk away, they will call you even if it takes them a few weeks, one of my OH customers has just got a kuga with £3,000 knocked off by doing this as well as a good part exchange deal.

Happy shopping x

ok cheers michelle.. yeh the salesman said i get £750 off an econetic model but ive changed my mind about that.. didnt ask about zetec though.. i really like your car would i be able to get the exterior done with the same styling without any performance tune ups though as i need to keep insurance down as thats the only thing im going to be paying for personally lol

Hey. I too am about your age (20) and I am afraid to say the decals that montune offer bump up the insurance well above £1000 (I was quoted £1800).

I have done for the Titanium and added on the X pack, body kit and tech pack, costing £13,244.

Look on DealDrivers.co.uk for VERY competative prices! If your after something a little cheaper go for the 1.4 Zetec as thats a very nice car without being too high to insure or expencive to buy.

The privicy glass is very nice and finishes the car nicely IMO, especially with rhe chrome sills which come only with the titanium.

Either way, let me know what you go for :)

ok sweet jar ill have a look.. maybe i wont get that stuff im stil looking at about 1000 insurance as named driver so not that cheap but cheaper than the other cars i was looking at.. coming up like 4grand for a cooper lol no thanks.. do they do sea grey on zetec do you know? or what colour looks best in your opinion out of white, sea grey, or black with tints and hopefully some subtle black 18" alloys.. nothing over the top but what can i do to improve the car aswell.. any performance mods available like a bluefin?

I get Ford discount (£600 off my car) because i bought my last car from them. Maybe it's just my dealer that does that though.

I get Ford discount (£600 off my car) because i bought my last car from them. Maybe it's just my dealer that does that though.

doesnt help lol first car.. plus my parents dont buy cars like fords..

The privicy glass is very nice and finishes the car nicely IMO, especially with rhe chrome sills which come only with the titanium.

Either way, let me know what you go for :)

I'd just like to point out that what you said is wrong. The chrome edge is on all Zetec and Titanium fiesta's :)

I saw that the chrome is on the Zetec. I dont know why I didnt go for that in the first place. Not much difference looks wise between the zetec and the titanium. I am not sure what I'm paying for!

I saw that the chrome is on the Zetec. I dont know why I didnt go for that in the first place. Not much difference looks wise between the zetec and the titanium. I am not sure what I'm paying for!

you get

-better alloys

-cruise control

-power fold mirrors

-privacy glass

-electric auto climate

-auto lamps and wipers

-2 extra Speakers

-perimeter alarm

-option of tit x pak

I though it was worth it...

You get the 2 extra speakers in the Zetec aswell if you get Bluetooth :P

true, but you have to pay extra on the standard price! besides, when your forking out this kind of money you might as well go all the way, after youve haggled a bit you can probably get the titanium for the same price of the zetec anyway!

If you can get a 1.4 Zetec in black with bluetooth and USB for the same price as a titamium then i'd to know where as i got my Zetec for just under £10,000 ;)

If you can get a 1.4 Zetec in black with Bluetooth and USB for the same price as a titamium then i'd to know where as i got my Zetec for just under £10,000 ;)

gotta say thats a damn good deal!! B)

Best way to haggle for me was to get quotes from other websites or dealers.

DealDrivers.co.uk offer very competative prices, and they hook you up with a bonafied Ford Dealer too! So its definately taking a look at!

Ive just turned 19 and my rents got my new mk7 fiesta for my bday, so im kinda in the same position.

I too learnt to drive in a face lift mk6 and the mk7 is 1000x's better :)

I have a 1.25 zetec with the privacy glass and bluetooth + USB (def need the USB for iPod control etc). The glass is a really nice touch and i feel that it makes the car flow a little better. If you want the glass get it when you order it, its only £47 and will be perfect instead of paying around £200 for it!

The reason i didnt get the titanium was because its my second car (first new) and didnt see the point in spending more (of my rents money lol) on a car that in 2 years i will give back and get something better. Ive done ford options as im too scared of buying a new car out right and losing so much money as soon as its in my name :)

If you want any picture of the glass etc let us know and ill take some when i get a minute!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club