Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 (09)Ford Focus 80,000 Miles Full Ford Service Hist Buy?

Sharifgh

Dear all

I am looking at a Ford Focus Titanium 2009 (09 plate) with, the seller claims full ford service history and cam belt change. It has done 80,000 miles and was a company car. The selling price is £4445. I am sure I might be able to get for £4000.

If I am interested I was going to get a full AA inspection and report.

But what do people think? Your advice? What further questions should I ask. The car is not practical for me to look at, hence the AA do the inspection.

Thanks

• Like 1

If its a petrol i wouldnt bother £4500 can buy you a kia ceed sr-7 1.6 120bhp same year or newer 30k miles full history and still with 4-5years kia warranty left thats what my old mans just bought and a lovely car.i avoid company cars the garage i worked used to sell them many have been ragged and the clutches are almost always nearly shot to bits full service means little theres better on the market a true and unbiased opinion

• Like 1

Difficult to say. Depends on how well it has been looked after. If it's been cared for and serviced well as the ad says then it shouldn't be a problem necessarily, especially if it is a competitive price. Don't forget the car is only 4 years old so not that old.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

If you are after a ford and not another car then it sounds like a decent deal. If you aren't able to look at it your self this is bad, really bad, no matter what mr AA says there might be things you are unhappy with that they consider normal.

Have a read through the common fault thread about the MK2

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/48338-ford-focus-mk2-common-problems-thread/

And take a look at mr lenny guide on MK2 rust, the rust pad/changes seems to be applied on focus 2010+ some 2010 model don't have it... some do such as mine.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/18826-2010-focus-16tdci-rusting/

But like i said if you aren't able to look at it your self it's not such a good idea. I traveled 400 miles round trip 2 times before i bought mine and even then i only learnt about the rust issue after purchase i doubt mr AA man will pick up on these small issues

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club