Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Footwell Lighting

Chris398398

It is possible to fit a 3way switch

1. Being auto on/off with the interior light

2. Off on all occasions

3. Being on when you switch on parking lights etc.

This way you can have I both ways and switch it off,

Cops will do you at a checkpoint if you have foot well lighting active while driving,

• Like 1

Cops will do you at a checkpoint if you have foot well lighting active while driving,

If the lights are classed as too bright and therefore distracting then that can cause problems, if they are quite subtle and not dazzling then they can be classed as 'ambient lighting' then you should be ok.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

mine are via the courtesy light and theres a few reasons 1 is pc plod was not happy when they were on permenant second the leds produce a lot of heat and if on all the time burn out quickly and 3rd its a bit pointless as i have the door handle leds which are legal and a bit better

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time, just to let you all know I finally got round to installing lights in my car. Completed a few months ago, just havent had the time to do it nor post on here. I would like to point out that although it looks purple the colour is actually blue, but still looks pretty cool in the photos B) .

photo 1

photo 2

I did end up splicing into the overhead light, I actually worked out that there is a 2 negative feeds and a positive going up to the light. One of the negatives is always there and is used for when you use the switch to turn the light on and off, the other negative becomes live when you unlock the car or open any of the doors. So i therefore ran 2 wires down from the light, one spliced into the negative door feed the other spliced into the positive feed. I had them go into a 3 way switch along with a always live negative that I connected to the cars body. Therefore I have the choice to either have the lights come on automatically with the overhead light or switch it over so that the lights were always on. O and I added a dimmer switch so I can dim the brightness if I wanted too :) Thanks for all the advice everyone !

photo

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The footwell connector is taped up against the loom so its not easy to see

• 1 year later...

Maybe a long shot here as it has been a while since this topic - but I’ve just got myself a 2012 Zetec S and would like to install footwell lighting.  Chris where did you purchase all the bits from? Did you use led strips or did you find some fittings to fit the exsisting light holders in the car? 

Thanks in advance!

Lee

Haha, I saw this thread bumped to the top because of the recent comment. Then I saw @Lenny say he had the look and I got excited because I wanted it, now I see it’s from 2013 [emoji3525]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Haha, I saw this thread bumped to the top because of the recent comment. Then I saw @Lenny say he had the look and I got excited because I wanted it, now I see it’s from 2013 emoji3525.png

It's still possible in today's vehicles mate; ivd read youf post a fes times over and I don't see where your disappointment lies 😅 sorry

Maybe a long shot here as it has been a while since this topic - but I’ve just got myself a 2012 Zetec S and would like to install footwell lighting.  Chris where did you purchase all the bits from? Did you use led strips or did you find some fittings to fit the exsisting light holders in the car? 
Thanks in advance!
Lee
I will find out soon as i believe you need the roof loom the connectors are all ready there in the footwells. I have a black roof liner and cabling to fit over the christmas break.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's still possible in today's vehicles mate; ivd read youf post a fes times over and I don't see where your disappointment lies [emoji28] sorry

It should say ‘loom’ and not ‘look’. I would have bought the loom from you.

@Lenny in the new year I would like to add ambient lighting (I have the wires under the dash with the 3 pin connector but no PCB to plug into it) and I would also like to fit a reverse camera but not sure if there is already a wiring loom run ready from the Sync unit to the boot. There was in my Mondeo and all I had to do was run the wire to the tailgate, fit a camera and activate in Forscan, not sure if it is as easy in the Focus

I’ve just had a quick look in my car and both drivers side and passenger side 3 pin plugs are there. I found them right above the rectangle slots (where the lights would be installed), taped up with electrical tape. 

So is this just a ‘plug and play’ job or do they need activating/fusing etc? I’m going to have a look for a wiring diagram, I did find some links to diagrams on this forum but unfortunately they’d expired.

**links are working :)**

A95A1B21-854F-4FB9-B11A-4D3A81847D37.jpeg

17 hours ago, vindi93 said:

I will find out soon as i believe you need the roof loom the connectors are all ready there in the footwells. I have a black roof liner and cabling to fit over the christmas break.

Thanks 👍🏻

I’ve just had a quick look in my car and both drivers side and passenger side 3 pin plugs are there. I found them right above the rectangle slots (where the lights would be installed), taped up with electrical tape. 
So is this just a ‘plug and play’ job or do they need activating/fusing etc? I’m going to have a look for a wiring diagram, I did find some links to diagrams on this forum but unfortunately they’d expired.
**links are working :)**
A95A1B21-854F-4FB9-B11A-4D3A81847D37.thumb.jpeg.525c7a84f984e39c670090e735419448.jpeg
It will need enabling on the central config too

3 hours ago, vindi93 said:

It will need enabling on the central config too

How is that done, Is it with an ELM diagnostic tool or something similar? 

I checked for power at the plug and there isn’t any. I’ve been looking at the wiring schematics and all roads (wires) lead to the BCM. 

How is that done, Is it with an ELM diagnostic tool or something similar? 
I checked for power at the plug and there isn’t any. I’ve been looking at the wiring schematics and all roads (wires) lead to the BCM. 
Using focccus or forscan with a wired elm cable.

• Like 1

I am currently in he same position as you  @LeeBig I have the plugs, no power to them, and nothing to plug in to them as yet. 

I have the ELM327 (modified) and I’m familiar with Forscan so that’s not an issue.

Im getting stuck with trying to find anything to connect up to the plugs. I’m not skilled enough to make my own units and I’m struggling to find any scrappies that are breaking a suitable donor. 

I assume the units are similar across the Ford range?? 

What is your next plan @LeeBig do you have the lighting units?

Sounds like I’m opposite to you @Jonro2009 - I have no experience with forscan/using an elm327, but I work in electrics so can easily modify the cable, if needs be. There doesn’t seem to be much online in term of lights that will fit the 3 pin ford plug so I would get an LED strip off eBay, cut both plugs off and fit red spade crimps, to each wire. Female-male so they can be easily removed. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121869665724 It’s quite simple with the right tools so if you need any advice @Jonro2009 give me a shout. 

My next step would have to be getting hold of a modded ELM 327, would something like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183561042418  do the job? 

Then I would have to look into forscan and try getting power to them plugs. @vindi93 is forscan a free software? 

It just seems like a lot of messing for some ***** footwell lighting 😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club