Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Systems Fault And Dtc D900

bones23

Don't know what code he found but it was "ash accumulation in DPF".. cleared fault car now runs again.

I guess that's just a logical follow-on from the earlier DPF issue we had and nothing to do with the D900.

Regarding the D900 all he said was "yeah they do that" lol

Yeah the problem is that it just takes one odd reading (not enough to generate an error code) but enough to generate a D900. I dont tend to worry, unless I see it with a warning light I tend to just ignore it lol, Clear the code and leave it be. I am part tempted to remove that error code from the ECU's brain lol then it might actually have to think what the error is and tell me something useful to diagnose it!

Still not fixed...auto electrician having a look behind dash at connections so hopefully might find problem. Taking it back regardless tomorrow and will stick it on eBay for parts if not fixed ...decided not throwing good money at this vehicle anymore...in very good condition so hopefully I can generate a grand to buy an old Bangor that will get me to work. It won't be a ford that's for sure ! Will again keep all updated if a cure miraculously appears ! What I have learnt and will pass on ...don't just replace the sensors when a code is thrown up if limp mode and dash keeps going crazy it's most likely an electrics issue or wiring ...have that checked out before you spend your hard earned cash replacing something that's not broke...

Look forward to a miraculous turnaround for you Paul

Latest news...back on road... It was wire harness behind dash which caused fault on instrument panel...the fault was throwing up this sensor fault and that...obviously you change them ...so I've spent £770.94p on repairs...2sensors that didn't need changing and repair on wiring harness and instrument panel ...thanks Ford for making such a great vehicle....3days so far!! Will let all know if I survive the week trouble free. Anyone suffering the same faults take it auto electrician first and ask them to check harness and instrument panel ...before you waste money changing sensors that are ok.. Good luck all!!

I took my car for a service last week (it was roughly due anyway) and explains the issues I've been having, so the mechanic has had a look for something which could be causing these issues but didn't see anything - and the car didn't show the flashing red light / engine system fault message while he was working on it, testing driving it or dropping it back (nor on my drive to town to pick up the cash to pay him).

A few hours late I get in the car again... and the error message is back! I feel like the car tricked me and the mechanic!

It does seem to get a bit better after a couple of miles of running, but it still doesn't feel right - particularly at lower gears.

Hi Paul,

Glad you got it sorted (hopefully long term!) dont suppose you have any pictures of the damaged article do you?

Becca, did you take your car back to the dealer after the error came back? You should insist that the issue has occurred again and get them to look at it.

Sorry James no pics of repair..as for Stooge...ha ha nice one .....at moment answer is yes ....still have no faith in car be a couple of trouble free weeks before I begin to get that back...saying that she's running really well now ...so who knows! But guys don't change any sensor before you get wiring harness and instrument panel checked first ok ....May save you time and a lot of money!

glad to hear it. i have to say that your problem was more of an exception to the rule though. hope it stays trouble free. :driving:

Hi - Do you mean the Ford dealer (who I haven't dealt with yet) or the garage I took it to for the service?

Hi Paul,

Glad you got it sorted (hopefully long term!) dont suppose you have any pictures of the damaged article do you?

Becca, did you take your car back to the dealer after the error came back? You should insist that the issue has occurred again and get them to look at it.

Whoever it was who you drove the car away from after they had a look for it and claimed no problem?

As for Paul, I keep fingers crossed that the recovery of the trust comes quickly!

Rebecca

something i just noticed that got lost in the thread due to 2 or 3 others with similar issues....yours is a diesel which opens up a whole lot of different possibilties

you've just had it serviced/checked over...do you have a record or can find out exactly what was changed/checked

• 2 weeks later...

Something weird happened with my car... the garage noted the codes, cleared them, drove it and one came back... cleared that one, drove it and it came back... Seemed it needed a new air filter metre at about £140+vat (potentially cheaper from elsewhere)

However - another Focus came in and, before getting me to pay out that money for the part, he took the working part from the other car and tried it out... it seemed to solve the issue, so he switched the parts back around... and my car still seemed to be ok! No new parts or even anything done... but car fixed!!

Car now sold also, but not because of this issue - I had been looking to get a new car just before all this and this just delayed things by a few weeks.

probably down to wiring/connections then

happens far more than people realise...thats why i test everything to destruction before condemning the actual sensors, result being i do more wiring repairs than changing sensors

Nicely timed then Rebecca, but that is an odd one!

It could just be that the wiring needed reseating?

Rebecca ...... Yours is a wiring fault ...had same problems you are describing ...auto electrician first before you spend money changing sensors that are ok....wiring harness and a fault on dash caused my problems ...paid out a fortune before found out...car been fine since I had repairs on these items done...getting my belief back in car ...slowly but surely! Get auto spark to look at it first ...good luck ...Paul

Thank you to everyone for their help with this issue!

No worries, thats what we are here for!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys .. Just had 3 weeks uninterrupted motoring ...joy! But here I am again...engine system fault popped up ... God I missed seeing that...with the customery flashing red light...what this time ... Misfire cylinder 3 ...stopped ..started car again ... Cleared ? Next morning misfiring like hell ... Won't start.?? Any ideas anyone ...last chance now defo getting rid of it when this next expensive repair is done...not kidding myself anymore the FORD FOCUS is the worst car ever stuck together ...

here here. i agree. wouldnt have a Ford ever again. terrible cars. theres 2 mk4's in garage up rd from me,with injector problems & both cars havent even done 30k

Dont suppose you have any error codes Paul?

It could be a bad sensor, or something as simple as the Fuel Filter.

I can understand why you guys wouldnt have another Ford, like my last one you both seem to have the runt of the litters!

jeebo cmon,theyre heaps o s**te. the tddi was better though. had a guy here yesterday with a focus in limp mode,EML on,AND........no fault code!!!.unbelievable! Ford upto now are the only make of car,that goes into limp & has any OBD code showing. They have to be the MOST frustrating car to work on,due to the whole fuelling/emission system being as one(sort of).

The only other cars I can think of that are as bad,are vauxhall.(but for other reasons).

Mate if you want my advice,set fire to it(quietly of course)lol, then run in the opposite direction & never look back!