Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feed To Coil Pack Faulty???

Big Red Bus

Hi,

can anyone please tell me where my coil pack is fed from? My spark tester shows that I have two realy healthy sparks and two really weak sparks.

I changed the pack and it's still the same.

I noticed that there are three wires feeding the pack, how does the pack fire, should all sparks look the same or is it my tester, is one wire ground and the other two feeds or are they all feeds or one ground one a feed and the last a sensor/info wire?

Is there a well known plug elsewhere that comes loose, a bad connection? Plug on the pack looks fine, what voltage should I have at the pack plug, how can I make a test at the feed side to the coil pack?

Thanks,

Rich.

Excellent,

Many thanks Dan.

What should I be careful of if I wanted to pull the pack plug and crank her over?

Surely I can use a crock clip in the pack plug and test swithing with my meeter between the 12v pin and one of the other two in turn?

Just trying to make sure,

hard to see in daylight, was a lot easier the other night! I swapped leads around (those that stretched (a bit) to rule out bad leads. But being an old sparks, absolutly hate getting belts :( :( :( Is there anything I can wear that a spark won't zap me through??? Wish you could just push n pull leads willy nilly, be loads quicker ;)

Have just tried to test straight off the top of the coil with the engine running (stop start, one by one) but think its going to be quicker and easier with all the leads off and a helper to crank over one evening. so still not 100% 0n 1&4 or 2&3.

Completely see where your coming from with the sillyscope and wiring/plugs, ta!

I'll get there eventually especially armed with your info :)

You have been very helpful Dan,

Thanks Buddy,

Rich.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club