Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dipstick Popping Out Of Dipstick Tube?

mattiff

I have a 2011 Fiesta 1.6 TDCI and have noticed a number of times recently that my dipstick has popped out of my dipstick tube, only a little bit, but obviously not sat as it should be. Now there is no oil coming out at al, none around it or on the underside of the bonnet so I suspect that there is something wrong with the crankcase ventilation. Does anyone have a diagrams showing them at all? it's going into Ford in two weeks for it's annual service anyway and is still under it's three year warranty, but i'm curious if there is any known issues with the pipe work. I know they changed the rocker cover pipe to the turbo inlet to a slightly different design on the later versions of this engine.

Is the rubber washer still on the dipstick that's the only thing holding the dipstick down anyway.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Its not uncommon for these things to pop up a little. They are very flexible and can sometimes just get caught on the way down or at the bottom and dont lock in fully. if you put the dipstick back in, and try twisting it you may be able to clear any minor block that may be or loosen it back to where it should be.

Seems to be happening to regularly to be just not locking in properly but you never know. Will give it a twist etc and see if it helps.

Hi Mattiff

does sound like crank case ventilation system is blocked somewhere.

cannot find any common problems mentioned in the info i have,

would definitely mention to local ford garage when car goes for service (this is not normal)

regards

tom

Major fail on my part, I've realised I wasn't pushing the blooming dipstick in far enough for it to secure properly. Doh.

• Like 1

lol, well you have to laugh Matthew, silly fixes are the best, as they are the cheapest and the easiest to learn from!

The really bad bit on my part is I've got a degree in engineering. Sigh.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club