Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Rear Foot Well.

Itsonlymedave

Just opened the rear drivers side door to find that the footwell is soaking wet,and the sill has a lot of water on it.

Could someone tell me how to cure this please as don't want it to get that bad that is starts smelling.

Thanks In advance.

If it's in the rear foot well I would check around the rear door seals and see if you can pin point where it is coming in. Once you have found where it's getting in you can then think about stopping it!

Thanks for your reply mate,

I have just had the door card off and all the foam looks spot on and dry and still stuck on really well. Have also checked the seals round the door and can't see anything split or loose.

I have noticed on the passenger side windscreen on the top corner the trim has lifted,could this be anything to do with it. Bearing in mind it's just the rear drivers side foot well that's wet all the others are dry.

Have you examined car from underneath? I dont think it will be anything to do with door seals/drain holes. Cant see it being anything to do with your windscreen either.

If it was me,id 1st look under car etc,then see about drying carpets out with hairdryer etc,then try to see where its seeping thru from. Have you taken arch liners off or anything to check. Could be that wheel sprays throwing water up but to where,thats the question.

If all else fails,carpets up & have a look?

Thanks for your reply mate,

I have just had the door card off and all the foam looks spot on and dry and still stuck on really well. Have also checked the seals round the door and can't see anything split or loose.

I have noticed on the passenger side windscreen on the top corner the trim has lifted,could this be anything to do with it. Bearing in mind it's just the rear drivers side foot well that's wet all the others are dry.

the wifes trim inbetween doors on her fezza came off 2003 model it pored water in we replaced the outer trim been fine since

I have this same problem which is driving me crazy. I have checked everything and both rear door fittings and trims and seals are exactly the same but the rear drivers side footwell is soaked. I also have the same problem as Nick and thats a bit of trim has come loose (just next to the centre door frame.). As soon as I get the chance I will put a photo onto this page.

Just a update on my puddle problem haha.

Since having the door card off and having a mess about with the inner foam door lining,and taking a trip to the scrappers for a set of weather strips for the windows it seems to have solved the problem :)

That's good news Dave especially with the bad weather coming up!

Tell me about it,was panicking that I would have to get my arm bands out to drive to work haha.

Tell me about it,was panicking that I would have to get my arm bands out to drive to work haha.

:lol:

Honestly I don't know tbh. I had the door card off and it felt all dry,but I pressed all the foam back round the edges and refitted the door card. I then went and got some weather strips for the bottom of the windows from the local scrapers as mine was all bubbled up. I fitted them and everything seem to fine at the moment.

So could have been either of the two tbh.

mines are a bit bubbled also but i learned not to touch doors on cars lol. (i remember having my drivers door / locking module in bits & thought "how the hell am i gonna get this all back together? got it in end though)

how do they come off? how do new ones fit on?push-fit?

Haha,

If you put your window down the rear just pull upwards and front ones side pull up gently from middle and slide from under mirror. To fit is just reverse.

I also found that they do come off with windows up but you just have to be a lot more careful as there quite easy to snap.

Hope this helps.

I have this same problem which is driving me crazy. I have checked everything and both rear door fittings and trims and seals are exactly the same but the rear drivers side footwell is soaked. I also have the same problem as Nick and thats a bit of trim has come loose (just next to the centre door frame.). As soon as I get the chance I will put a photo onto this page.

change the trim in the middle solved mine but had to buy new from fords

Hi .... You can see in the photo this how my footwell is getting soaked. This water is from overnight rain, not from driving around in the rain.

post-30439-0-65242300-1382985792_thumb.j

That's exactly what mine was doing.

I think its the seals at the top of the door. Water comes into the seal and travels down the centre of the seal and runs out at the bottom.

It happens on some older cars as the seal loses its shape and rigidity on the outside

I got them from the local scrapers was £5 for all 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Are they easy to fit.

Morning mate,

There really easy to fit, the old ones just pull up to take them off and the new ones just push down.

Morning mate,

There really easy to fit, the old ones just pull up to take them off and the new ones just push down.

Thanks.

• 7 years later...

I've now got this problem 🤦‍♀️,did have water leaking in the boot and sorted that now its through the ***** doors lol,nothing but hassle with this car since I've had it but weirdly I want another 🤣🤣