Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Difference Between 1.6 Tdci Fiesta(95) And 1.6 Tdci Focus(115)

sp7_91

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the difference between the two engines regarding the power difference and is it worth the effort to upgrade the fiesta engine to the focus engine before getting a remap?

thanks in advance.

Power difference is 20PS and this comes from larger injectors, possibly a bigger turbo and, of course, an engine remap ;)

I heard of someone who attempted it and pretty much ruined his engine, just stick with a remap and you'll get 120PS on your standard engine anyway.

Ah that doesn't sound positive. Is it worth asking Ford? as I'd rather get 140 from adding these parts and a remap. Obviously unless the cost is stupid. What performance mods did yours have?

Ford won't have a clue, and I didn't have any performance mods :(

I had a 1.6 TDCI Focus for a long time whilst my 1.6 TDCI fiesta was being built.

In a nutshell, i miss the Focus! With the 6 speed box in the focus it was a lot of fun, and i think it caught people out when you could just plant it and boom, you are doing 70! First thing i said was, oh why didn't they put this set up in the fiesta, more to the point, the zetec S. It would have made buying the ZS with a 1.6 6 speed 115 bp over a petrol version in ZS far more attractive.

The 5 speed 1.6 TDCI 95ps is weak and old. It's ok when up to speed, but... getting there is crap! If there was an upgrade / remap for it, then i think a lot of ppl would look at this, i know i am looking right now.

Nath, did you say there IS a remap available for the Fiesta 1.6 TDCI in th form of a remap and giving 120ps???

Nath, did you say there IS a remap available for the Fiesta 1.6 TDCI in th form of a remap and giving 120ps???

I know of at least 2 tuners that can, RS Tuning in Leeds & AMD in Essex. Bye bye warranty though!

Exactly!!

Be worried about the increased wear and greater pressured being drawn and pushed through different components! I tell you what, for the same engine, that 1.6tdci focus was LOADS of fun! Handled very very well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club