Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Possibly Getting Banned?

mactell

Legal cover does *not* cover you for anything related to speeding offences. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't. It covers you for matters pertaining to pursuing or defending against a third party following an accident/damage/injury. That's it. I used to work in a motor insurance brokers dealing with 60+ insurance companies.

Edited by Stoney871
Removed potentially abusive sentence.

Legal expense cover CAN cover you for motoring related offences, for example, if you are a member of the CSMA, Frizzel's offers cover of up to £100,000 for legal representation to assist in the recovery of uninsured losses arising from an accident OR to defend a motoring prosecution.I am fairly certain that others offer this too.

Legal cover does *not* cover you for anything related to speeding offences. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't. It covers you for matters pertaining to pursuing or defending against a third party following an accident/damage/injury. That's it. I used to work in a motor insurance brokers dealing with 60+ insurance companies.

As I said in my first topic I don't need comments like yours saying you deserve to be banned... I've already learnt my lesson wether it comes through or not. Thanks

Edited by Stoney871
Removed reference to potentially abusive Sentence

Keep it civil Guys.

Mactell knows that what he did was daft and dangerous.

Rubbing it in and posting messages having a dig at him are unacceptable.

'May he without sin cast the first stone' and all that.

Further potentially abusive posts/content will be classed as bullying and will be deleted or edited without notice and the offending members formally warned.

End of chat!

• Like 1

Nice one - that defence is however only open to so called 'celebrities'!

Celebrities is a wide scope these days, the lad might have a stonking set of man !Removed! and willing to flash them, it works for most of these so called female celebs these days lol

Come on B O O B S is on the banned list you must be joking Mods/admin

Celebrities is a wide scope these days, the lad might have a stonking set of man !Removed! and willing to flash them, it works for most of these so called female celebs these days lol

well its never worked for me!!!!!!!

You could just say you didn't realise your car could go that fast!!! :) :) :)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/49119-one-rule-for-us-one-rule-for-them/

+1 I'm no celeb

But when I brought the Levin home the speedo needle went off the clock,

As result I honestly don't know what speed I was doing,

And I didn't know it could go off the scale :lol: or as fast as whatever speed it was past the scale

Thankfully I wasn't caught as I had no insurance at the time :lol:

I'm joking ... seriously

• Like 1

The swear filter parameters were ported in from another source, the list was looooong :)

• Like 1

The swear filter parameters were ported in from another source, the list was looooong :)

I bet it was, but back in the 1800s it might of been offensive, second thoughts no it wasnt lol.

• Like 1

we might look to remove that one. but would you want your child standing in the supermarket shouting the left and right of the cleavage at the top of their lungs? :p

If they looked that funny that a child would be trying to shoot it out but laughing to much, I love what kids come out with sometimes :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the same situation, but 28 over in a 50, caught end of overtaking two lorries. 5 and a half months later a summons was in the post box.

Early guilty plea by post ensured low costs, 6 points were given (May have been avoidable or reduced by turning up and puppy dog eyes or with legal rep?), was passed with 0 minors ;) and driving again within 6 weeks of my fresh provisionals arrival.

I received no paperwork before the summons, total costs for a couple of lessons so could use instructors car for test, theory and practical tests (1 of each), provisional and fees probably about a £500 hit in the back pocket. Insurance did not increase year after either, always pay year up front too.

Chin up pal, learn from this! If I had taken the time to actually be aware of when 3 points turns to 6 I may have thought about my speed more, I had the attitude of well I'll get a telling off and not do it again. <- too much watching road wars!! Watching the chav's get told off and let on their way.

Ed

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club