Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Controls

Gabbo_21

On my face lift mk6 fiesta I installed steering wheel controls for my stock stereo, can the same install be done on the pre face lift fusion?

If its the same stereo you probably could, yes. What stereo variant do you have?

The fusion has the 3 peice stereo where as fiesta had a 6006 double din type

I don't believe that the 6006 supports the stalk adapter but may be wrong

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

I have the 3 piece radio (4500) and the stalk was just plug and play. The cable with plug is already in place at the steering column, you will need a different plastic piece that's underneath the steering column though, the one suited for the stalk not only has a hole but the hole is somewhat recessed. I made a hole in a standard plastic piece but the stalk still wouldn't fit because of that.

I replaced the plastic piece for the one with a hole, plugged in the cable, clicked in the stalk and it worked.

Don't know about the 6006 but if you remove the plastic part on top of the steering column you must be able (if i remember correctly) to see the little plug for the stalk. Mine was taped to an other cable. Otherwise remove the lower part and then you can see the whole steering column.

Assume if the cable with plug is there it will work, why would it be in otherwise?

Do you know if its the same couling part as the mk6 fiesta?

The plastic is exactly the same as for a Fiesta, i got mine from a Fiesta from the scrapyard so i'm sure off it ;)

Cool ill source the parts for the other half then.

That's one of the things she wants that I had on my fiesta