Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighting Problem

johnbrad68

Hi John,

Not sure about the relay in question to be honest, but it may be that you have an incompatible fuseboard. to be honest you could try moving some of them around, it may be as simple as two swapped over, but given the age of the car, it might be more of a tedious search for the exact swap.

Cheers James.....tbh I'm more concerned about the inability to get into boot or bonnet. Most of the lights are now on and as there isn't a fuse in slot 47 none of them are getting hot. The rear passenger light is out but I think it could be the bulb but I can't open the boot to get at the light housing.....

silly question.... are they both key controlled?

I know that the bonnet will be, but is the boot or is it a switch? (I know some cars have both!)

The boot has a key lock and an internal button, neither work but did last weekend lol. The light on the dash which indicates the door open is on constantly.....

you have a few gremlins here...

So the key should work, if it worked last weekend but not this, I would be wary that perhaps the door is jammed closed (something in the boot perhaps got in the way of the catch?)

Well I dropped the back seats and climbed in the boot and sing a screw driver unlocked the boot, but when I close it it still won't work. I think there's a shortage somewhere on the passenger side because while the boot was open I checked the lights by switching bulbs and I now know the bulbs are ok.. So it must be a lack of power getting down that side....process of elimination lol

thats the fun part. I dont envy you as its a nuisance! start by checking near the lights for water ingress?

Okay....I have an update....I bought a new fuse board today and plugged it in...I now have interior lights....I opened the boot and unscrewed the light fittings and fiddled with the bulb...the light came on but smoke started to smoke....I isolated the wire so I now know which wire is the problem its going from the fuse board going backwards towards the back of the car....I wonder if its the light fitting itself.......

Could well be.

So which lights do you have remaining?

Well as it is the only things that dont work are back passenger light the lights above the number plate and the boot release....

I reckon a broken wire between the roof and the boot.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Nice one cheers im going to check it out tomorrow after work.....I will get to the bottom of it lol...

Well the word is eureka.....ive only gone and sorted it. I ran a piece of wire from the fuse box to the back but lost all the back lights and dash lights so I reconnected the original wire and went hunting....I started from the fuse box al9ng the wire which was getting warm until I got to beside the passenger seat where it was hot and when I squeezed I heard the boot latch click.....the wires were hidden under plastic so i cut the plastic until I reached the wire where I found 5 wires melted together. I pulled them apart taped them separately then started the car....and low and behold everything came on. I left it running and no hot wires...at last. ..im so over the moon with myself for persevering and pushing on when people told me I hadnt a clue....get in!!!

• Like 1

A very good result.

Ford would have charged you losds (tape extra ;) )

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Glad to see that persistence prevailed and cost was kept to a minimum!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club