Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Fit A New Cylinder Head Temp Sensor Fitting On A 1.6 Focus

Matt L

Hi everyone

I hope this is a simple answer to this question but I have been trying to fit a new cylinder head temperature sensor on my 1.6, 2000 focus. I'm saying its a 1.6 as that means the CHT is located between no 2 and 3 spark plugs.

I now have the old one out but I can't find a socket that will go over the new sensor. It is a 19 mm bolt but the plug on top of the bolt won't allow a deep socket to go over it. How can I screw this new sensor it ?

Many thanks.

if the body of the sensor is wider than the 19mm then google '19mm crows foot spanner' that will do the trick

if the body of the sensor is just too long then you might get away with the 'bolt through' type sockets

but normally in cases like this, a standered open ended spanner will work if applied at an angle, though can be a slow process due to only having limited movement

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club