Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St2 Fuel

domlin

Hi All.

Just about to finish the first complimentary tank of fuel up on my ST2, getting about 330 miles out of it which isn't bad at all especially considering it's not run in yet.

Anyway, i'm wondering... Should I put premium unleaded in?

A friend with a Civic Type R swears to me it's worth it, but i'm a bit sceptical...

What's people's thoughts on it?

Yes use premium, if you read your owners manual it should say only to use premium unleaded. High performance cars realy benefit from it

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Ford OC mobile app

Yes use premium, if you read your owners manual it should say only to use premium unleaded. High performance cars realy benefit from it

Ok thanks! I would have put it in from the start, but as the dealer was brimming the tank for free I wasn't going to be picky!

No problem, you don't realy notice a difference with non performance cars ie like my fiesta but it makes all the difference with high end models. I can't remember the exact reasons someone did a thread on the benefits of premium unleaded a while ago I'll see if I can find it

Well worth doing especially on turbo cars. I always run Shell V Power in my Focus ST3. Turbo cars are one of the few cars where you can see a benefit. Also worth doing just for the extra detergents that keep everything clean! :)

• Like 1

Well worth doing especially on turbo cars. I always run Shell V Power in my Focus ST3. Turbo cars are one of the few cars where you can see a benefit. Also worth doing just for the extra detergents that keep everything clean! :)

Thanks my mind is made up in that case :)

Shell V Power Nitro+ has started popping up in places now, I want to try that just because of the name haha!

My local garage is an Esso, and it's premium fuel "Energy Supreme" is 97 Octane, is this a bit of a 'lesser premium fuel' and should I be looking for Shell/BP?

• Like 1

The highest octane you can easily obtain for sensible money in the UK is Shell V Power Nitro + at 99 octane and Tesco Momentum 99 (also 99 octane hence the name :P )

BP Ultimate is still 97 though they did at one point sell a 102 version at a silly price (over £2 a litre) although I think it got discontinued due to lack of demand!

Most other Super Unleaded in the UK is 97. Still better than regular though!

• Like 1

The highest octane you can easily obtain for sensible money in the UK is Shell V Power Nitro + at 99 octane and Tesco Momentum 99 (also 99 octane hence the name :P )

BP Ultimate is still 97 though they did at one point sell a 102 version at a silly price (over £2 a litre) although I think it got discontinued due to lack of demand!

Most other Super Unleaded in the UK is 97. Still better than regular though!

Ah brilliant, I collect clubcard points anyway so Tesco Momentum 99 seems like it's going to be my most used fuel :)

Thanks for the info guys.

i use tesco Momentum and am getting 5MPG more than the lower octain so i think it is worth the extra few quid to fill up

I've always used bp ultimate, and my cars always seem to run quite happy with it.

Ah brilliant, I collect clubcard points anyway so Tesco Momentum 99 seems like it's going to be my most used fuel :)

Thanks for the info guys.

You also get more clubcard points with Momentum than you do with regular Tesco fuel! :D

You also get more clubcard points with Momentum than you do with regular Tesco fuel! :D

Perfect! I don't know why I collect clubcard points, i've never spent them or used the vouchers haha. Do you have any idea what the price per litre is of the Momentum 99?

Depends on the area. I think it's roughly 5p a litre more than there standard stuff. Over my way it's around the 1.35 mark I think

recently its been £1.40 im my local but £1.35 seems an ok average.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club