Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chips Along Car

Jay Ali

Hi guys n girls

I dont know if its just my car but I am getting serious stone chips along my doors from my front wheels

Im baffed because I had this issue before and now have mud flaps on but found a nasty stone chip on my drivers door just now also I got a chip just above the drivers window too lol dont ask how

Why does the front wheels spit so much never had issues like this with anynither car (I presume it happens while on a bend)

no idea why the focus does it either despite the mudflaps and the plastic runner along the sill im still getting chips and paint being worn away the winters the real killer when the grit makes the car appear as if its being sandblasted it happens on the straights as well not just when turning all you can do is keep on top of it

I find that the motorway is the worst culprit, you can protect as much as you like but cars flick these stones all directions and result in damage.

The best and the cheapest way to get rid of these chips is tyo buy a Touch up paint kit from your local Ford dealership or eBay with your paint code. This kit containts paint and clearcoat.

1. Clean the chip with the brush that comes with the kit from any rust or tar.

2. Apply several coats of the paint - to mach or to be a little more from the panel surface.

3. Let one night the paint to cure.

4. Apply some clearcoat over the paint that you've applied previos day.

5. Get some polisher. Even the cheapo Halfords orbital will do the job.

6. Polishing the whole car will bring the best result. But if you are not capable to do it yourself, you can always ask some friend for help.

7. If you do everthing correctly, you will never be able to spot the painted area again.

I can understand it if you have got wider wheels on but I find I don't get any stone chips up the side of the car with the Ford Flaps on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club